Recipe Exchange > Breakfast Recipes

Quick breakfast

(1/3) > >>

tobiasthorne:
I've looked through Doug's cookbook, however I don't see any quick foods. They all require prep time. My fiancé and I are college students so when we get up in the morning we have little time for breakfast. We usually did oatmeal, but that's off the menu now. What can we use for quick, on the go breakfast? (I haven't been able to find his potato replacement yet.)

Sara

paulachappell:
the one minute muffins are AWESOME for a speedy morning meal and can be made so many different ways. you should be able to find the recipe by doing a search ;D

Doug Varrieur:
Hello Sara, welcome to the family :) my favorite quick breakfast is a couple scrambled eggs in a wrap with cheese....... I either use a low carb tortilla or a romaine lettuce leaf. Takes just a few minutes and I can take it on the run if need be.

ShihTzuMom1:
Welcome to the forum Sara!  For a quick breakfast you could also have GG Bran Crispbread with melted cheddar cheese, or you could spread on some cream cheese, or sugar free jam, or beanit butter or low carb peanut butter.  I actually found low carb hot cereal.  It didn't taste quite as good as oatmeal, but it still warmed me up on a cool morning.  You could order some from Dixie Diner or Netrition.

joagain:
I dont know if these or good on the FTS but for a quick emergency the EAS Advantage carb control vanilla shake has 1 gram of carbs they are pretty good these are the facts for the chocolate
Serving Size: 11 fl oz (330 mL)
Amount Per Serving % DV* % RDI  
Nutrient Data
Energy, Cal: 110    
Energy from Fat, Cal: 25    
Fat, g: 3 5    
Saturated Fat, g: 0 0    
Trans Fat, g: 0    
Cholesterol, mg: 5 2    
Sodium, mg: 260 11    
Potassium, mg: 540 11    
Carbohydrate, g: 4