Author Topic: Not losing  (Read 3492 times)

thisismytime

• View Profile
Not losing
« on: April 14, 2010, 08:37:30 PM »
I am writing down everything I am eating and drinking (only water) and I have only lost 2 lbs this week.  Keeping to 20 or lower on the carbs.  Been on this since last week.  Help.

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Re: Not losing
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 10:24:09 PM »
Stay the course, it did'nt come on overnight and it won't come off overnight. Remember this is not a diet and you are not in a race. This is a life style change that you will always continue. Your body will keep shrinking, I promise....stay under 20 net carbs per day and don't put any pressure on yourself.
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

thisismytime

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 08:40:38 AM »
I am down to 202.  I started on this way of eating on 4-10 at 205.  So in nine days I have lost 3 lbs. Besides sugar and sugar alcohol what should I avoid?

Typical day
Adkins Shake, tea no sugar or milk, water
Tortilla 3 net carbs ( La Factory), turkey, beef, ham, lettuce, mayo, cheese, tomatoes slices.
cheese
Meat vegetables
cheese
sf jello

I checked all my medicine online.  I don't see anything that should be working against me.  The Ketone strips show I am burning fat.  Would like to see the scale move a little faster.

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2010, 09:01:16 AM »
Good morning :) three pounds of FAT are gone, your keytone strips are showing fat cells are burning for fuel. You are eating what you should and your body is shrinking. By the way, for all readers benefit, a "keytone" will show up in your urine with a simple test off a pH strip available at most drug stores. The easiest way to describe a keytone is it's simply the "ash" from a burned fat cell.

Now let's talk about your impatience  ;) I now you're in a hurry, we all are but I want to reiterate what I said in my last post above. This is not a race and this is not a diet.  Diets don't work, you go on them and lose weight you go off them and gain weight. This is a lifelong change of eating habits that will drop the weight from your body and keep it off. Now with that said if you want to increase the speed in which the weight comes off add additional activity into your day.

Like a car, the more you step on the gas pedal the faster you burn the gas. Adding a daily walk or any form of exercise into your routine will speed the process. That doesn't mean you have too add exercise to continue weight loss. Like the car in the driveway idling, the fuel will still burn, just slower.

Stay the course, keep the faith!
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)