Author Topic: just started  (Read 2764 times)

Von

• View Profile
    • Email
just started
« on: January 08, 2011, 01:48:41 PM »
I bought the book and was so inspired that i decided to start today.I am very nervous however because i had attempted so many times to lose weight and have failed.I have even started talking to my MD about gastric surgery.This journey is going to take alot of prayer for me but i'm feeling very confident this time.I will check in weekly to let everyone know how i am doing

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: just started
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 02:08:26 PM »
Welcome to the Fat to Skinny forum Von!  You have come to the right place.  I think we all started out a little unsure, but it didn't take long to find out that this works quickly and easily.  I have been living the FTS lifestyle since mid-July and haven't regretted one moment of it.  You may want to check out this thread about gastric bypass http://fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=448.0.  Good luck with your journey and looking forward to reading about your progress.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 12:44:55 PM by Shihtzumom1 »

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 04:30:04 PM »
Welcome to the family, Von!  :) :) :)

I too considered surgery since all the diets I've ever tried, failed.

Anyone can find a "diet" that will help take off weight. I lost count years ago of how many I tried.
But this lifestyle focuses on keeping fat off our bodies for the rest of our lives!
And we can do this without paying dues or fees to anyone!!!

The key to it's effectiveness is that it is based on replacing things that make us fat with those that do not.
If you don't feel deprived and are enjoying the food you eat, it is easy to lose weight and keep it off.
This is how we still enjoy things like ice cream, candy, decadent desserts, etc.

Just check out the recipe section of this forum to get an idea.
And if you have a favorite high-carb recipe, just post it in the "Ask Umpa" recipe section and she will gladly convert to low-carb for you.

We are a group of folks determined to reach (and keep) our weight loss goals while helping each other do the same.
If you ever have a question or concern, please let us know.
We're here to help each other see our goals become realities!

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

Rena

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2011, 09:12:09 PM »
Good luck, Von!

dwes

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2011, 04:10:18 AM »
Hi Von , I'm also new here been on many diets  would loose 2lbs and gain 5lbs because it was so restricted and i just kept yo yo-ing  Then i found Dougs book skimmed through it and thought it was just another lowcarb diet so i put it back came home and read about it on line in fact came to this website and found out it wasn't your typical diet but so much more. First of all you are not deprived there is nothing you can't have you just have to substitute like your noodles for lower carb lower sugar form just like the ice cream, bread , and other stuff  they substitute. My MD is the same way about the weight loss surgery and i tell him what good is it if i don't learn how to eat, I would just gain it back again like most people who have had the surgery i have seen documentaries where people have ended up fatter after the surgery than before because no one taught them how to eat right after it. To me if you look at this diet well i shouldn't call it a diet because really it is more of a life style change a way of eating Dougs way. So just wanted to say GOOD LUCK Lord knows I have been where you are. So I will be here with you every step of the way along with everyone else.  Good Luck Von !!!!!
Dawn

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2011, 11:33:16 AM »
Well said Dawn! Good to see you in print  ;)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2011, 09:17:52 AM »
Welcome Von and dwes! I am umpa,dougs wife.If I can help you please ask.I have a column on the homepage called ask umpa where I can convert your favorite recipes to fat to skinny friendly! Don't forget to check the recipe sections.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2011, 01:21:23 PM »
Welcome to our family, Dawn!  :) :) :)

You indeed understand how this lifestyle works to help us all not only lose weight but keep it off for the rest of our lives.

It just amazes me how many programs focus on weight loss alone without teaching how to keep the weight from coming back.

If you ever have any questions, concerns, or would just like to chat, please let us know.
We are here to support you and each other.

Tony
What you do today is what matters!