Author Topic: Beginning Fat to Skinny Diet  (Read 5639 times)

grimmtcu

• View Profile
Beginning Fat to Skinny Diet
« on: April 17, 2010, 11:51:13 AM »
Hello Doug and others,
My name is Terry and I am reading your book Fat to Skinny.  After seeing you illustrate the amount of sugar in our foods on the 700 club, I couldn't wait to find your book.  I wanted to give it a try because I had gastric bypass almost 5 years ago and still want to lose my last 20 pounds.  I am no means skinny because my BMI still tells me I am obese.  I seem to carry my excess weight in my trunk area which I know is unhealthy for me.  I also have fibromyalgia which has been flaring up badly this year.  I go to chiropractor for the fibro almost weekly and he is constantly telling me that sugars and glutens will inflame my body which is why I am so interested in your diet.  I will be honest and tell you that I know I will miss my fruit and yogurt which I eat daily but I am willing to try and do without to try and get this last weight off and hopefully keep it off.  Do you have any recommendations for me since I am in the beginning phases of this diet?
Thanks so much!   ;)
 Terry

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Re: Beginning Fat to Skinny Diet
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2010, 01:39:17 PM »
Hi Terry, the best beginning advice I can give you is to first read the book and understand how to read labels then clear the house. Take out every bit of food and beverage that doesn't fit the program. As far as fruit is concerned go ahead and have some fresh strawberries, blackberries, raspberries every day with a squirt of Reddi Whip whip cream on top. That should take care of your urge.  Next be active in the forum and let all of us guide you through your journey as you help to guide others  :)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

grimmtcu

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 10:41:28 PM »
Thanks so much, Doug.  I have read your book and am in the process of checking all labels.  I am beginning to enjoy the diet because I have noticed that I don't seem to be having cravings.  I weigh again on Saturday so I can't wait to see if I have lost any.  I have recommended the book to my daughter and her fiance.  I hope they try the diet because they are both overweight and too young to have all of the extra weight on them.
Thanks again! :)

owensmath

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 11:36:46 AM »
Dannon makes a "carb & sugar control" version of their Light & Fit Yogurt. Just wondering what Doug thinks about it. Here is a link to the nutrition info:  http://www.lightandfit.com/product_details_carbsugar.html

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Re: Light and Fit Yogurt by Dannon
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2010, 08:12:15 AM »
If you like yogurt this fits the program with only 1 net carb. It's sweetened with Aspartame so if you're sensitive to it make note.
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

katary

• Global Moderator
  • loose weight & hang with justin bieber:) i did:)
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katary
    • View Profile
    • gary and becky koehler show
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2010, 08:48:50 AM »
OK the topping that i made for the raspberry shortcake has a yogurt consistency and was very easy to make,and was out of this world taste wise...here goes..... i have in my hand a fat free,sugar free,carb free,and even calorie free marshmellow creme, also a jar of a fat free,sugar free carb free raspberry preserves. I put 4 oz of the preserves,6 oz of the marshmellow creme, 2 0z of cream cheese, 2 teaspoons of cream of tartar in a mixing bowl, and using a hand held mixer,mixed until soft and creamy. i only used about 1/2 of this for my topping,the rest is still in the fridge,OMG it is good!!!! and the only carbs is 1 from the cream cheese>>>try it you'll love it!!!   and that 1 carb is for the whole 12 oz of product,dude leave out the cream cheese and you have a 0 carb sweet treat that taste awesome!!!!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 09:03:09 AM by katary »

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2010, 09:30:23 AM »
Dude honestly, you're makin me wanna cry....

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2010, 01:23:39 PM »
Can you post the exact recipe and products you used? I want to get this bread right!

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2010, 01:33:25 PM »
Oh and where did you get the sugar free marshmallow creme?