Author Topic: Brand New  (Read 3045 times)

winkiedee

• View Profile
    • Email
Brand New
« on: March 06, 2011, 10:00:48 PM »
I am brand new to this board.  Read the book and went shopping today for alot of food.  Ordered the bread and the tortillas and protein bars on line today.  I am going to clean vegies tomorrow along with making deviled eggs.  I made jello today, so tuesday is the day i am starting since I have alot to get ready still.

Can anyone give me any advise that maybe they have learned to help them get started.

thanks

Denise or winkiedee

joagain

Re: Brand New
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 06:22:49 AM »
Welcome Denise , I would say at least today start with the part of the book where you dont eat until you get hungry , It is amazing to see how much we eat when we are not even hungry .

And Second thing I would say is get ready to feel better then you ever have (well after the first few days of sugar detox ).

Third thing I would tell you is dont get stuck/obcessed with the scale it will drive you crazy . Make sure you take your measurements everywhere ,neck ,wrist . Cause you lose a lot of inchs on FTS !!!

momx04

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2011, 09:43:41 AM »
Welcome!
I just finished my third week. 
One thing I would tell you is to keep the book with you for a while.  I refer back to it and re-read it still.  Each time I find something I missed thet last read.  It keeps me connected to what I am accomplishing as well. 

This board is full of fantastic folks.  You can ask anyone anything and you will have a true honest answer and sometimes with a bit of comedy (check out some of Katary's videos...they are motivating and fun and make you laugh along the way...not to mention a bold face reminder of where we are headed...he looks fabulous!).

I love how in a very short time, I have been able to switch my brain...my eyes are wide open to the dangers and addiction of SUGAR!  I wouldn't touch my beloved bagel ever again!  The sugar detox was awakening!  My body actually had a physical reaction to being deprived sugar?!

I also understand that it took a lot of years for my body to gain this weight, and, although the men seem to melt off the weight, us girls take a little longer.  (Hey, but we can have babies, and we smell good, so there)!   :P  Be patient if the weight loss begins to level out to an even amount each week.  As long as it is going down, you're doing good!

Stay the course by all means...

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”
~ Dr. Suess

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2011, 10:26:47 AM »
Hi Denise, welcome to the forum!  Everyone here is so helpful and friendly!  You will love the FTS lifestyle.  It gets easier as you go! :)

winkiedee

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2011, 02:01:59 PM »
Thank you everyone.....I had the gastric by pass surgery in 1988 and lost 117 pds, i was in my 20s, then had my last baby and slowly gained it back.  Well 6 years ago in october I had the gastric bypass surgery and got down pretty good but here again i am gaining it back.  I am getting too close to the high end and up a size in clothes and they are tight. 

I have the beef jerky in the book marinating as of this morning.  I just boiled eggs for deviled eggs and going to clean the vegies in a little while.  I am ready to get started and lose this weight.

thanks again
denise

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
  • Start today, change your tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2011, 03:18:21 PM »
You sound ready and determined. Welcome to the board and to FTS! We are here for you if you need us.  :)
Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Ann-Smith/e/B009G5C0SU/

Or read my weekly column "Byte of Life" at the Feminine Collective
http://femininecollective.com/byte-life-sa-smith/

Rena

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2011, 03:33:47 PM »
Welcome to the forum and good luck with your weight loss! :)

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2011, 04:06:27 PM »
Welcome to the FTS forum family Denise.  Good luck with your journey!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2011, 06:22:29 PM »
Thank you everyone.....I had the gastric by pass surgery in 1988 and lost 117 pds, i was in my 20s, then had my last baby and slowly gained it back.  Well 6 years ago in october I had the gastric bypass surgery and got down pretty good but here again i am gaining it back.  I am getting too close to the high end and up a size in clothes and they are tight. 

I have the beef jerky in the book marinating as of this morning.  I just boiled eggs for deviled eggs and going to clean the vegies in a little while.  I am ready to get started and lose this weight. thanks again
denise

Did I read this correctly....you've a gastric bypass twice?  :(
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2011, 08:55:56 AM »
Welcome winkiedee! I am umpa,dougs wife.I have a column on the homepage called ask umpa where i can help you convert your favorite foods to fat to skinny friendly.If i can help please ask.Sounds like you are ready. On your mark,get set,GO!!! :D

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2011, 10:36:10 AM »
Welcome to the family, Denise!  :) :) :) :) :) :)

The best advice I can offer is find every possible way to enjoy this new lifestyle.
But that is pretty easy to do since there are so many different dishes available.

I'm constantly finding new, exciting, and tasty recipes.
They are all over the web. Just Google "low carb".
Of course, there are also a ton of great recipes right here on this forum.

And remember... It's about REPLACING the high carb stuff we used to eat with low carb alternatives.
That way we never feel deprived (the primary reason for diet failures).
What you do today is what matters!