Author Topic: Excel spreadsheet?  (Read 2839 times)

adrhouston

• View Profile
Excel spreadsheet?
« on: July 31, 2011, 06:45:27 PM »
I would like to give myself a time Goal. For example: In 12 weeks I would like to lose 30-40 pounds.
I want to chart my progress with weight, body measurements, fat percentage, exercise.
Yes, this needs to be a Lifestyle for me because of my issues with a high sugar (though I am not a diabetic).

I have been toddling around this forum and just haven't gotten traction.

So does anybody have a tracking system for daily meals, weight, exercise?
Should I aim at about 1200 to 1500 calories a day? I would like to take 3 tablespoons of EFA's daily along with my meals. And I would like NOT to eat 5-6 times a day. Why? because I have a food addiction anyway and I just don't want to think about food all the time.

Your input would be greatly appreciated.

joagain

Re: Excel spreadsheet?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2011, 06:48:11 PM »
All you do is count net carbs staying under 20 a day . We dont count calories just carbs and portion control . Did you read the book Yet ?

Rena

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 09:51:49 AM »
I use Fat Secret to keep track of my food.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 10:03:20 AM »
Welcome adrhouston! If i can help you please ask.I am umpa,dougs wife I have a column on the homepage called ask umpa where I can convert your favorite foods to fat to skinny friendly.Being overweight we have obsessive personalities.This is simple nothing to do but stay under 20 carbs per day.Think of carbs like money and spend wisely.I think if you need to weigh yourself do it once a week or every two weeks but take measurements too.People fail on losing weight because they remove foods to lose weight then add them back after they have lost weight so the weight comes back on.Vicious cycle.We say replace foods,not remove that way there is nothing to add back in so you don't gain the weight back.Don't overthink this ,just do it! We will help you :)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2011, 10:22:49 AM »
Umpa's right adrhouston, don't over-think this. If you haven't read the book yet read it and you'll see how simple this is. You can get the download for ten bucks and have it read in a couple o hours. Everything you need to know to get underway is in there. I would rather see you spending your time taking a walk or playing with your children than to see you in front of a computer spreadsheet doing unnecessary calculations.

WELCOME!  8)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2011, 01:05:11 PM »
Hi Hdrhouston and welcome to the forum!  I know several people who use the fat secret site and love it.  I use one sometimes, and it's called myfitnesspal.com.  Once you get a good idea of the carbs in your favorite foods, you won't feel the need to track everything.  I just do it sometimes to get a clearer picture of the # of carbs I am really eating.  Good luck & welcome to the family!   :)

SeaGail

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2011, 01:35:20 PM »
Welcome - I'm new too (new at staying on program, that is - lol).  I just went to the fat secret website and looks like you have to be careful about determinations of carbs sometimes.  They said 2 oz. of deli turkey was 4.37 carbs - on the package is says 1.8.  I put that I had 1-1/2 cups of eggs (guessing) - I assumed it meant cooked, but perhaps it didn't.  It said 6 carbs.  Anyway, it doesn't hurt to get second opinions when in doubt.

I think I perhaps need to eat some more vegetables - I was mainly eating salads last week and was tending to have nausea from time to time.  Think maybe the lack of enough carbs might have caused it or maybe it's just temporary at the beginning?  It wasn't pleasant at all, to say the least, but I'm staying on the straight and narrow nevertheless.

Have a great Monday everyone!
Gail in WA (the state)

Rena

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2011, 01:58:54 PM »
Hi Gail -- It's confusing on fatscret.com because there are tons of listings for foods. You have to be careful and pick the exact brand you have. And even then -- check your label because sometimes people type them in wrong. You can edit other entries if you want. What I like about it is that I can add my own foods I eat that might not already be up there and not make them public, especially if they're my own recipes or something weird.  :D

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2011, 08:21:29 AM »
Seagail detox can cause nausea.It only lasts two weeks ;)

Amber

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2011, 03:08:50 PM »
I use FatSecret on my Iphone.  The app. allows you scan the barcode for nutritional info.  If you have the package, can, etc. of what you are eating you can scan the barcode and the info is loaded for you.  Works great!