Author Topic: Cooking For the Holidays Contest  (Read 19912 times)

joagain

Re: Cooking For the Holidays Contest
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2011, 05:55:56 PM »
I might have to try it because I do miss cranberry sauce and dressing at thanksgiving . I was the one that didnt eat any turkey just sweet potatoe cassorole & dressing & cranberry sauce .

Umpa got the sweet potatoe cassorole made last year and it was really pretty close ,very good we made a dressing with my cornbread recipe last year did you look back on the recipes I will try to find it . It was not to to bad but I was missing the cranberry sauce so didnt eat much .
 I think I have found a pretty good sugar cookie recipe of some site . I will post it in the contest .!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 05:58:24 PM by joagain »

shawn116

« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2011, 07:34:30 PM »
DID YOU SAY SUGAR COOKIE!!!!  :o :o  Oh boy..... oh boy!! 

By the way Jo thanks for the dressing recipe.... I'll give that a try  ;) ;)

joagain

« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2011, 06:01:51 AM »
Yes i did & they were pretty good if I say so myself !

and your are welcome let me know when yall make it !

suzlyn454

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2011, 06:23:54 AM »
Thanks Tony.... it really is pretty good.  I am pleased and surprised at how well it came out.   ;)

Excellent!! is all I can say.  Thank you Shawn for sharing this wonderful side dish with your daddy and I yesterday.  He was disappointed we didn't have more.  The cranberry sauce recipe is a keeper for sure  ;)
Look out Hawaii, I'm on my way!!

suzlyn454

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2011, 06:26:05 AM »
The sugar cookies sound wonderful Jo...bring it on LOL!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2011, 09:12:36 AM »
TooSweet Great Job!! gonna call you Ask Umpa2!!! ;D

joagain

« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2011, 09:26:36 AM »
Sugar cookies

1 1/4 cup Now AF    5 carbs
3/4-1 cup xylitol      0 carbs (taste batter after 3/4 to see if you need more )
1/4 cup butter         0 carbs
1 egg                     .5 carbs
1teaspoon vanilla     0 carbs

Preheat oven to 350 line baking sheets with parchment paper enough for 20-24 cookies . In a bowl mix AF & xylitol together , another bowl mix very soft butter ,egg & vanilla then blend with flour & sweetner .
 Roll into balls and press down with fork .
 Bake 5-8 minuites or until brown around edges .
Let cool on pan for about 5 minuites then move to wire rack of plate , they are good but a little soft in the center at first .But a couple days in the fridge and they are just like crisp sugar cookies  ;D
And at 5.5 carbs for 20-24 cookies you do the math almost  0 carbs  ;D enjoy !!

Also just a side note I split the recipe in half to try and the batter was not thick enough to roll into a ball so I just spoon a Tablespoon for each cookie and it worked out fine .
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 01:58:22 PM by joagain »

suzlyn454

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2011, 09:55:18 AM »
Jo, thank you for posting the cookie recipe...will give them a try soon.  By the way, made your absolutely to die for cornbread this morning.  OMG OMG thank you.  I cannot wait to serve it to hubby.  I know this will be a treat (I say treat because I cannot make it too often, I would hurt myself) at our house from now on.
Suz

joagain

« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2011, 10:00:37 AM »
Yes mam it is good and I dont make it often either did you do the whole recipe ? did you use all AF ?

I half the recipe so that it will be thin and crunchy cornbread mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm that is why I dont make it often either . when you half it the whole pan is just like 2 carbs way to dangerous for someone that likes to say well it only has 2 carbs  ! LOL

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2011, 01:53:44 PM »
Hi Jo! :)

Those Almond Flour cookies sounds great!
I love simple AND tasty! ;)
What you do today is what matters!

joagain

« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2011, 06:03:16 PM »
Tony that is what they are simple & tasty! Marty I put the link for the corbread under dressing for the holidays

shawn116

« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2011, 08:34:36 PM »
Jo I think I will try the cookies tomorrow.... I'm with you easy is the way to go...LOL  I think I will practice the dressing to. 

Umpa you are so sweet....LOL  I think I just got lucky with this one  ;) ;)  Some of my ideas don't come out the way they do in my head  ;D ;D

joagain

« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2011, 06:09:16 AM »
Marty 1/2 the recipe if you like thin & crispy ;D

suzlyn454

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2011, 07:16:54 AM »
Yes mam it is good and I dont make it often either did you do the whole recipe ? did you use all AF ?

I half the recipe so that it will be thin and crunchy cornbread mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm that is why I dont make it often either . when you half it the whole pan is just like 2 carbs way to dangerous for someone that likes to say well it only has 2 carbs  ! LOL

I used your exact recipe.  The only thing I did different is I didn't use an iron skillet on my glass top stove.  I had bought small individual iron skillets.  I put them in the oven when I turned it on to pre heat.  They started getting hot while I mixed the cornbread.  I split a tablespoon of oil between them and put them back in the oven for about 5 minutes.  The oil got hot and when I split the batter between the 2 skillets it sizzled and started to brown.  Then I baked until done.  Yippee....so good.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2011, 09:10:52 AM »
Good recipe Marty ;) Your down 3.5 pounds already?Thats great :)