Author Topic: Stuffed bell peppers  (Read 2529 times)

zombiegirl74

• January 15th 2011
    • View Profile
    • Email
Stuffed bell peppers
« on: November 20, 2011, 08:41:41 PM »
Has anyone tried these with the cauliflower "rice" ??? I saw the sushi video, and a light bulb went on for me..so I'm trying them tonight! I'll let y'all know how it turns out :D
Just the uncooked stuffing tastes amazing, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed lol

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Stuffed bell peppers
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 08:54:37 AM »
Yes.It is good ;)

zombiegirl74

• January 15th 2011
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2011, 10:10:07 AM »
Well! they were a HUGE! HIT! My daughter was actually quite amazed that she couldn't tell the difference that it wasn't rice in them thar peppers! Frankly, I was to hehehe :)

I was expecting more of a cauliflower taste, but the consistancy and everything was spot on. I usually put hamburger or sausage in our stuffing, but she is on a "no meat" kick right now, so hers just had the stuffing with no meat, and she loved it yay! Actually quite proud of myself heh.

I used fresh tomatoes, with only a little can of tomatoe paste, some diced green pepper, garlic, oregano, and some shredded cheese, plus the meat, and it made 6 large peppers, cant wait for lunch today ;)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011, 04:50:34 PM »
So her mom is Rambo and she won't eat meat??? :D :D :D

zombiegirl74

• January 15th 2011
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2011, 05:43:45 PM »
I know right?? The little powderpuff!!.. HAHAHA!!!  ;D ;D hhhmmm Rambo...maybe I should change my name to Rambo-mom on here instead of zombiegirl hehehe  "Because Rambo-mom SAID so! THAT'S why!" ggrrr >:(  ;D ;)

I guess she watched something at school about how meat is bad for the human body. I was like sheesh, have you EVER heard of someone allergic to meat??? I haven't. I've heard of people allergic to the nitrites and nitrates on stuff like bacon, hotdogs and lunch meat...but never unprocessed meat.  ::) ??? ::)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2011, 07:16:33 PM »
All kids go through the vegetarian thing........Then they get hungry! :D :D :D GGGRRR!!!

zombiegirl74

• January 15th 2011
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2011, 11:05:03 PM »
Really? I never went through a vegetarian thing...I went through a phase I would only eat my meat and my milk when I was about 12...thats about it  :D