Author Topic: A must read. Life changing.  (Read 3472 times)

zodac

• View Profile
A must read. Life changing.
« on: April 01, 2014, 02:00:29 PM »
As some may know I am the quite one stalking the forums and occasionally posting my progress I have made. Today I had a moment where I finally realized the life changing changes that I have gone through.

Really quick I'll dabble in to me then I'll share this mind blowing experience. I am 29 and on Dec 31st I weighted 382. Today 3 whole months later I am still on the diet... Turning away sweets and things I shouldn't have... I have lost 40 pounds! Wow!!

So taking the new puppy to the vet this morning I parked and went in got his shots and such and walked back to my truck. Well guess what, it didn't start! There was no one around to help at the moment family or friend wise and I had a rather important meeting that I needed to attend.  Without a thought I grabbed my backpack with my work stuff and his lease and walked home.

What's so special here? Well it was 2.5 miles to my house. In a suit. With 50 pounds of stuff on my back. It was a non stop walk at a pace of 18.5 miles per hour which got me home in just under 40 minutes. I started my walk tracker, why not log the exercise right...

Once I got home I realized what I did. Non stop walking.... Not gasping for breath. ... Not soaked like I came outta the pool... Relaxed and ready to move on with the day.

6 months ago, heck 4 months ago I would have never even tried that in running shorts and no backpack, let alone make it home alive or in a decent condition!

This has truly changed my life and I so thankful for finding this lifestyle and what it has allowed me to do. I have often thought of the process and what I have achieved. Picking up potatoes to see and feel what I have lost. Visiting friends that I haven't seen to see reactions. Walking.. running.  Climbing stairs without losing my breath. But reaching that moment today it really set in how far I have come and it builds the desire to reach my goal.

I just had to share this, for those that doubted or needed a new perspective on how to measure achievements. The scale and measurements are great, but the real would applications are what we all started this for. What have you seen change, what are you working towards changing? These are what should be the driving factors not the stupid scale!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Re: A must read. Life changing.
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 02:37:06 PM »
That's wonderful, zodac!!! :) :) :) :) :)

You are clearly getting healthier, and your body is thanking you for it!
FTS is the "Fountain of Health". ;D

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2014, 05:24:39 PM »
Fantastic.  Well done.  Fts makes things easier that's for sure.

Stephanie

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2014, 10:20:49 PM »
Wow! Nicely put!! Way to go on your accomplishments ! You should be proud and yet Another testimony to put the darn scale away 😊

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2014, 09:01:45 AM »
zodac I am so PROUD OF YOU!!!!! You are truly a success!! ;D
What kind of puppy did you get?

zodac

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2014, 09:06:29 AM »
We got a German Shepherd puppy about two and a half months ago. He has definitely helped with the motivation to get out and walk around. If we don't we have a hyper puppy.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2014, 10:38:17 AM »
That is so cool! I have 3 yorkies,they are so out of control I had to buy the dog whisper dvds!If nothing else I can throw the dvds at them! :D They are improving slowly!

o0OSusieO0o

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2014, 10:58:21 AM »
Mary calls me the "pet" whisperer, only I don't whisper, I just talk to them and stop their behavior and stare at me. That's what the dogs, cat and chickens do. Mary says they like the sound of my voice, lol.

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2014, 08:12:35 AM »
This is wonderful, congratulations Zodac!
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

Elizabeth779

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2014, 05:11:14 AM »
Zodac -- congratulations, I found your post very inspirational.  Keep up the good work! and keep posting...