Author Topic: Need encouragement to start over again  (Read 3070 times)

Faithdcp

• View Profile
Need encouragement to start over again
« on: June 17, 2013, 04:02:45 PM »
I'm starting over today I did fts last year and lost 55 lbs but since have gained 15 lbs  I keep trying to get back to sugar free low carb and failing I could really use some encouragement though I need to lose at least 35-40 lbs but the scale keeps going up . I was the lowest weight I've been in years, ate some cake at a wedding and it's been a big fight not to eat carbs every since (been binging a lot) . Before that I is was so easy . I just didn't have any cravings and didnt desire to overeat when I did fts I think it was the first time in my life I wasn't think about food every moment. I really want to get to that place again

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Re: Need encouragement to start over again
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2013, 07:57:11 PM »
Welcome home, Faithdcp!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

From what I've observed, the second go at FTS tends to be harder than the first.

When you get past "sugar detox", those cravings for carbs will disappear! :) :) :)
But you will need to renew your commitment to the FTS lifestyle DAILY and remove ALL high carb foods from your home.

After a couple of weeks, you'll be AMAZED at your energy levels and how much better you'll feel... I promise! :)

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

shawn116

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2013, 08:28:02 PM »
Welcome back to the FTS lifestyle  :D   That sugar is a sneaky thing....the more you eat the more you want.  Hang in there and get through detox.  Your cravings will go.  Come in the forum often and rant about it...we'll keep you straight  ;D  It's sooo much easier when you have folks to lean on.    :)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2013, 09:35:09 AM »
welcome back faith :) Give yourself two weeks to detox and you will feel like a million bucks! Your cravings will be over and your energy level will be through the roof! ;)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2013, 07:51:38 PM »
Hi Faith, I remember you well... I have missed you and I welcome you home to our wonderful family  :)

step#1 re-read the book

step#2 clean out the house...everything Faith...no hiding   ::)

step#3 start NOW  8)

we love you
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2013, 02:09:46 AM »
Hey there Faith! Welcome back! You are NOT alone...I too rejoined and am having to do my second round of FTS. I lost about 100 pounds in 2011 and gained all but 20 back!!! So I have to relose a MESS of FAT  :o I didn't do so well the first couple weeks back on, but the last week and a half I've done the program with no overeating or carb binging :D it's easiest if you just stick through those two weeks then having to start over again and again and again! You can do it...and there are so many more recipes on here now! I'm so proud of you for coming back...I personally know how hard it is! Hang in there, we can do this!
May you be blessed in all your endeavors, but most importantly, may you be humble. God keep you.

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2013, 06:49:16 PM »
Welcome back Faith, I don't think we 'met' before.  It won't be long and you will be back on track before you know it.

Faithdcp

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2013, 06:26:05 AM »
Thanks Morgan Tabytaby Doug and everyone. It really does help sooo much .

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2013, 08:55:38 AM »
You're welcome Faith :) You'll be OK... just take it one day at a time, before you know it new habits will be formed and you'll be well on your way to long term weight loss :)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

jay12

• Shalom to you!
    • View Profile
    • Israeli stiuation-a very desperate one!
    • Email
Re: Re: Need encouragement to start over again
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2013, 11:19:06 PM »
Welcome back faithdcp and let's rock this lifestyle of fts my friend. ::)

Elizabeth779

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2013, 03:52:43 AM »
Hi Faith and welcome back to FTS way of life.....detox isn't fun, I'm going through it AGAIN myself, but I don't want to go through it ever again and I'm looking forward for the cravings to go away and I just have to stay away from the nasty gross sugar, potatoe wheat stuff.....not even "just one".....I understand the feelings you have when you've been bingeing.....for me it's even easy to get down on myself and feel bad, but if we just hang in there we will get to those good feelings and energy above that Tony was talking about. 

Be sure to carry a little ice chest or something you can keep some FTS foods in to help you through detox, and don't let yourself get to hungry, and drink a lot of water......hang in there gal -- we can do it this time forever.....no going back.... :)

jay12

• Shalom to you!
    • View Profile
    • Israeli stiuation-a very desperate one!
    • Email
Re: Re: Need encouragement to start over again
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2013, 12:27:31 AM »
Great advice Elizabeth! 8)