Author Topic: Reese's Beanit Butter Mousse  (Read 12965 times)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Reese's Beanit Butter Mousse
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2010, 02:30:57 PM »
welcome gonnagetthere! I am dougs wife if i can help you just let me know.I have a column on the homepage called ask umpa where I can help you convert your favorite recipes to fat to skinny friendly.Beanit Butter comes from dixiediner.com. It is zero carbs.Please ask all the questions you would like, we are here to assist you. ;)

gonnagetthere

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2010, 04:13:08 PM »
Thanks Umpa I have a feeling I will have a lot of questions .LOL The first thing I must do is quit saying the bad word diet . I emailed a question to Doug & he gave me this link & I am so glad . Thank you both for what you do .

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2010, 05:30:49 PM »
Beanit butter comes from dixie diner!

sgmk

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2010, 01:35:23 PM »
Hi

I live in Canada and was wondering if there is a difference in the actual net carb of 5 Miniature Reese's cup?
The nutritional information on the bag of sugar free Reese Miniature peanut butter cup is 27g Carbs - 2g Fiber - 20g Sugar Alcohols = 5 grams of net carbs for 5 pieces.

I modified the recipe and was figuring the net carb per potion and realized that my Reese's pieces appeared to contain more carbs then the one posted.

Thanks.

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2010, 03:24:21 PM »
I don't know about the Reeses peanut butter cups, but I have found in a lot of SF things like chocolates in Canada that are made with Splenda instead of other sweeteners, and that increases the carb count. 

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2010, 10:04:04 AM »
sgmk the ingredient list will never tell you wrong.I am famaliar with the  peanut butter cups and that carb count is right ,but if you eat 5 you better be home near a bathroom.
I posted a recipe for homemade peanut butter cups that are alot healthier. ;)
If you need me to repost it just let me know. ;)

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2010, 01:35:16 PM »
That is five mini reese's cups for the WHOLE recipe.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2010, 10:21:21 AM »
I am sorry.Beebs recipe is fine!! It is 5 peanut butter cups for 6 servings.I stand corrected beebs.No bathroom needed for beebs cooking! ;D

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2010, 10:49:07 AM »
Nope. I was wondering what you were talking about lol  ;D

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2010, 04:24:12 PM »

I live in Canada and was wondering if there is a difference in the actual net carb of 5 Miniature Reese's cup?
The nutritional information on the bag of sugar free Reese Miniature peanut butter cup is 27g Carbs - 2g Fiber - 20g Sugar Alcohols = 5 grams of net carbs for 5 pieces.

I modified the recipe and was figuring the net carb per potion and realized that my Reese's pieces appeared to contain more carbs then the one posted.

I checked and there is a difference on the net carb count on the Reese's Peanut Butter Cups from the U.S. and the ones from Canada.  I looked when I was at Walmart (Canada) today at they say 27g carbs, Fiber 2g, Sugar Alcohols 20g, from Hershey Canada, Mississauga, ON (5 net carbs for 5 pieces).  I actually had ordered some from the Low Carb Grocery and they must get theirs from the U.S. because they say 27g carbs, Fiber 6g, sugar alcohols 20g, from Hershey, PA (1 net carb for 5 pieces).   Is there a difference how they count fibers in Canada and the U.S.  You would think Hershey would use the same recipe for anything they make, no matter in which country. 

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2010, 10:24:51 AM »
I would contact Hershey. ;)

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2010, 11:48:39 AM »
I sent an email to Hershey.  We'll see what they have to say.

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2010, 03:08:55 PM »
HERE IS A COPY OF THE EMAIL I SENT TO HERSHEY CANADA:

"I have a question about some of the nutritional information for the Reese's Sugar Free Miniature Peanut Butter Cups.  The packages from Hershey Canada read:   27g Carbs - 2g Fiber - 20g Sugar Alcohols = 5 grams of net carbs for 5 pieces.  The packages from the U.S. read:  27g Carbs -6g Fiber - 20g Sugar Alcohols = 1 grams of net carbs for 5 pieces.  Do you use a different recipe in Canada and the U.S. or does each country count fibers differently?"

AND HERE IS THEIR ANSWER (and it's as clear as mud):

Thank you for contacting Hershey Canada Inc.
The differences you've noted are the result of a slight change in nutrient information of one or more ingredients.

If you should have questions concerning additional products, please call us at 800-468-1714.  A representative will be glad to assist you with any questions you may have.

We appreciate your loyalty as a consumer.

Maria 2390
Consumer Representative

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2010, 03:36:22 PM »
They didnt answer your question at all. That's why it's clear as mud. The question was dodged completely. Maybe umpa will ask them.....

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2010, 09:33:51 AM »
i think schihtzmom has it under control. :D
You don't pull a shotgun in a fistfight beebs! Lets let her have her fistfight! :D