Author Topic: Reese's Beanit Butter Mousse  (Read 12960 times)

beebs

• View Profile
Re: Reese's Beanit Butter Mousse
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2010, 09:56:47 AM »
Beebles go in guns blazing!! We dont know any other way lol!

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2010, 05:34:36 PM »
HERE IS A COPY OF THE EMAIL I SENT TO HERSHEY CANADA:

"I have a question about some of the nutritional information for the Reese's Sugar Free Miniature Peanut Butter Cups.  The packages from Hershey Canada read:   27g Carbs - 2g Fiber - 20g Sugar Alcohols = 5 grams of net carbs for 5 pieces.  The packages from the U.S. read:  27g Carbs -6g Fiber - 20g Sugar Alcohols = 1 grams of net carbs for 5 pieces.  Do you use a different recipe in Canada and the U.S. or does each country count fibers differently?"

AND HERE IS THEIR ANSWER (and it's as clear as mud):

Thank you for contacting Hershey Canada Inc.
The differences you've noted are the result of a slight change in nutrient information of one or more ingredients.

If you should have questions concerning additional products, please call us at 800-468-1714.  A representative will be glad to assist you with any questions you may have.

We appreciate your loyalty as a consumer.

Maria 2390
Consumer Representative

I EMAILED HERSHEY CANADA BACK AGAIN STATING THAT THEY DID NOT ANSWER MY QUESTION AND GOT A BETTER ANSWER.  HERE IS A COPY OF WHAT I SENT TO THEM THE SECOND TIME: 

I sent you an email last week and received a reply, both which follow, but I don't feel that you have answered my question.  I have Type 2 diabetes and have friends who are Type 1 and we are eating low carb to keep our blood sugars low and need to know the net carb count of all products.  People with Type 1 diabetes need to know how to adjust their insulin according to what they are eating.  Could you please clarify your answer as even something that seems this simple is very important.
Thank you

HERE IS THE ANSWER I GOT THE SECOND TIME:

Thank you for contacting Hershey Canada Inc.  Your comments about REESE No Sugar Added Peanut Butter Cups Candy are important.

Fiber is calculated differently in Canada than in the United States.  Under Canadian Food and Drug Regulations, Health Canada does not recognize some ingredients as sources of fiber.  In this case, they do not recognize cellulose gel as a source of fiber.

We appreciate your loyalty as a consumer.

Jean 3397
Consumer Representative

008064682B

sgmk

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2010, 09:32:13 PM »
Thanks for the information from Hershey's and the follow up.

What does this really mean for me in regards of NET CARB count?
Do I get to add up my Net Carbs the Canadian way or the American way??.

lol..

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2010, 10:31:23 PM »
You still calculate net carbs the same way (Carbohydrates - Fiber - Sugar Alcohols = Net Carbs).  I would say to go by your package nutrient list and count up your own carbs instead of relying on the net carb count that someone may post with their recipe.  It would be pretty hard to dissect every ingredient in an item.  I plan to calculate the net carbs myself for each recipe according to the package in my hand and if at the end of the day I take in less net carbs than my American friends because of this, I guess it will benefit me.  Not sure what Doug will say about this but I think it would be too complicated to do otherwise.  So with the Reese's SF PB Cups, count the 5 pieces as 5 net carbs as it says on your Canadian package, not the 1 net carb that was posted with the recipe.  In this case the SF PB cups are part of the recipe for  Beanit Butter Mousse, so it will make some difference in the net carbs per serving, but not a lot.  Hopefully Doug will comment on this because this is just my thoughts on the subject, it is not necessarily the right answer.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2010, 09:52:42 AM »
I will show this to doug when he is off the phone.I say read labels and ingredient lists.If the ingredient list sounds good then go by the label.I stick with companies I trust.I try to eat as much fresh food as I can, i try not to buy alot of prepackaged food.The flavors are better and there is no shipping! ;)