Author Topic: Has anyone tried these ?  (Read 2984 times)

Joagain

• You can have excuses or results you cant have both
    • View Profile
Has anyone tried these ?
« on: August 09, 2012, 01:55:30 PM »
http://www6.netrition.com/just_the_cheese_page.html

If so were they good tyring to find tyler some snacks he will eat and can take to work with him looks like mixed reviews on them . Thanks

You can have excuses or results you cant have both !

Waterlilly

• View Profile
Re: Has anyone tried these ?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 07:06:17 PM »
Oh sure. I can buy those at my local health food store. REALLY good. Tastes like cheesy chips. In fact, I would portion these because they are easy to eat and eating that much cheese might be.......bad (no fiber)  :o .  Very tasty. I should pick up some this weekend.....

Joagain

• You can have excuses or results you cant have both
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 07:18:43 PM »
Which flavor do you like ?

You can have excuses or results you cant have both !

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2012, 11:47:28 AM »
Thanks, Jo! :) :) :)

This gives some ideas for experimentation with homemade cheese crisps (made in the oven or nuked).

I buy cheeses (like cheddar) in bulk at Costco that have 0 carbs.
By mixing in a few seasonings, the flavor possibilities are tempting and carb free! ;D
The cheese might have to be melted first for full seasoning flavor incorporation.

When I have more time, I think I'll play with this a bit. 8)
What you do today is what matters!

Waterlilly

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2012, 10:32:51 PM »
I like the ranch but the regular is good too, esp. if you really like cheese (like I do).  There are recipes for cheese "crisps" out there that involve wax paper and some patience but I've never been brave enough to try it.

Another thing you might try are beef and cheese snack sticks. I buy the "hot and sweet" sticks and love them! 2 carbs per pair. Bags of nuts are great too, esp. since they are pre-portioned. One of those should work for the young-un.  Only drawback on the cheese things is they can be expensive (like $4 per bag) and portioning becomes useful for the diet AND the wallet!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2012, 09:19:34 AM »
Make your own and save your money for clothes  ;)

shawn116

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2012, 11:53:09 AM »
You can cook the cheese crisps in the micro if you don't want to heat the oven up.  Just spread out on parchment paper and cook for 30-40 seconds.  Be careful when taking them off because they can be hot, but you can reuse the parchment over and over.  Believe it or not they store pretty good in a air tight container on the shelf.

Also here is a fun note..... if you dip these in sf ketchup they taste like crunchy french fries...LOL FOR REAL     I got the idea here: http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/cheese_crisp.html  It sounds funny but really is pretty good. 

I've made the bowl to make taco salad before....that was yummy! 

This is from a previous post Jo.... so easy and much much cheaper  ;)  Just sprinkle them with different spices or popcorn seasonings for different flavors  ;D ;D 

Emmitt

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2012, 12:21:11 PM »
THAT looks really GOOD Andrea! I will check into website recipe. Thanks for sharing!

You can cook the cheese crisps in the micro if you don't want to heat the oven up.  Just spread out on parchment paper and cook for 30-40 seconds.  Be careful when taking them off because they can be hot, but you can reuse the parchment over and over.  Believe it or not they store pretty good in a air tight container on the shelf.

Also here is a fun note..... if you dip these in sf ketchup they taste like crunchy french fries...LOL FOR REAL     I got the idea here: http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/cheese_crisp.html  It sounds funny but really is pretty good. 

I've made the bowl to make taco salad before....that was yummy! 

This is from a previous post Jo.... so easy and much much cheaper  ;)  Just sprinkle them with different spices or popcorn seasonings for different flavors  ;D ;D 

shawn116

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2012, 01:14:36 PM »
 ;) ;)  You're welcome  :)