Author Topic: Just received my FTS book today!!  (Read 3159 times)

Mocha00

• View Profile
Just received my FTS book today!!
« on: June 27, 2012, 12:34:11 AM »
So I first heard about this book from an old friend in high school who started this program. She would post pics of the foods that she would be eating to lose weight..and for the most part they looked pretty tasty. As of 2 weeks ago she has reached her goal weight and is looking fabulous! Being the curious person I am, I looked at her profile to see if she mentions anything about what she was doing.. and sure enough, there was a picture of the FTS in her album. I ordered my book Wed last week and just received it today. Im already on page 75. Though what I have read so far makes sense, especially since I have the BIGGEST sweet tooth, I have to admit Im a little nervous if I will be able to keep up with this. Im so ready for a change, but I know one of my problems is that I will get bored with something and the next thing you know..back to square one. I hope this program works for me, because SOMETHINGS GOT TO GIVE!! I will have to stay prayed up, because others in the household I know will not be giving up their ice cream and cake for me. I havent really looked at the recipes yet, but I hope the ingredients are easy to find and dont cost a fortune (another reason why I have failed in the past). Hopefully I will finish this book tomorrow so I can start my journey. Im hoping this forum helps me..because I know there will be good and BAD days.. and them bad days watch out...lol

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Just received my FTS book today!!
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 03:55:26 AM »
Hi and welcome.  I'm sure you're gonna do well. 

You don't have to give up your cake or your ice-cream.  You can eat 'almost' just as you have been but with modifications and substitutions.  If you check out the recipe forum it is absolutely chock-a-block full of ideas, suggestions and recipes.  There is also a host of people on the forum who are ready, willing and able to help you with any problems or questions you may have.

I had the baking bug yesterday and the need for cake - so I baked a lovely sponge with cream and chocolate 'frosting'.
Unfortunately there is only me to eat it so I had to take some to a friend's place for morning tea.  She usually turns up her nose at anything sugarfree because she is a sugarholic.  Apart from saying the 'frosting was a bit too coco-y (I made it with dark chocolate - she likes milk chocolate. Picky Picky Picky) she loved it. 

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 08:55:40 AM »
Welcome to the forum, Mocha00.  If you are like most of us, you'll have a rough couple of weeks while your body detoxes.  Sugar is an addictive substance and you are an addict. 

Now, the great news:  once it's over, you'll feel great, have tons of energy and you WON"T CARE that the people around you are eating that junk except that you love them and will wish they had the freedom from the sugar addiction!

There are lots of folks checking in to the forum every day and there's tons of expertise and advice available free of charge.  Come visit often.  We truly care about your health and your FTS journey.

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 09:26:19 AM »
Welcome to the party Mocha! Change is always uncomfortable for people, it's very natural. Just jump in with both feet and hang on tight!  8)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 09:52:02 AM »
Welcome Mocha! I am Umpa ,Dougs wife. I have a column on the homepage called ask Umpa where I can convert your favorite recipes to Fat to Skinny friendly.The reason fat to skinny works is we replace foods, we don't remove them that way there are no foods to add back to gain the weight back.Cycle broken.This is a lifestyle change.With 50 posts you can get a free book.You are gonna want the Fat to Skinny Bakery Book ;)In 2 weeks you are gonna feel like a million bucks! If I can help you please ask ;)

shawn116

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2012, 11:31:53 AM »
Welcome to the FTS forum family Mocha  :) 

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2012, 11:36:21 AM »
Welcome to the family, Mocha00!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

When I started FTS, I had the BIGGEST sweet tooth!
I loved candies, cakes, pastries, etc. loaded with sugar and starch. I ate them daily.

What's cool, I still enjoy those things but without the sugar and starch.
After I got past sugar detox, I did not miss the high carbs.
If fact, they've tasted gross to me ever since.

There is no reason to get bored with FTS because we replace all the junk we used to eat with healthy replacements.

As far as cost, I found our food budget to be about the same as it was before.
It costs a bit more at first due to removing and replacing the sugar, wheat flours, etc..
But after you've replaced your staples, the cost should be about the same as before.

Like anything else worth striving for, you must commit 100% to FTS to reach your goal.

We're all in this with you. And you're going to do great! ;D ;D ;D

Please continue to participate in our discussions regularly.
You'll find doing that to be a BIG help to staying on course.

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

Mocha00

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2012, 03:10:00 PM »
Thanks guys for the words of encouragement!! I haven't been on here due to electrical issues in the home, but I'm back and ready to write about my journey! I finished the book the next day and started the program July 7th. This program is much easier than I thought! Don't get me wrong, I made a few errors, but overall I'm confident that I can stick with this. I have even created some recipes of my own following the guide FTS. I'm really looking at this as a life style change, and started to tell a few people to come along for the ride.

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2012, 03:25:16 PM »
I'm glad you checked in and that you are finding your way into the FTS world.  If you even start to think you might be getting bored, let us know and we'll do what we can to help.  We have plenty of advice around here.

Be very diligent about drinking water.  You need lots of it for your body to flush out all the fat that is going to be falling off you.

Take you measurements, too.  You will reach a time when the scale stops dropping for a while and it is VERY common for your body to be losing inches even if the scale isn't budging.

It was great to hear that things are going well for you.  Your example will be the best advertisement for the FTS lifestyle.

And isn't electricity a wonderful thing.  I'll bet you appreciate it even more now.

Mocha00

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2012, 03:51:00 PM »
@ Andrea electricity is truly a wonderful thing...lol. I make sure I keep water on deck, especially to keep me from thinking that im hungry when im not. I will be on here faithfully to get tips, ask questions, bitch, moan, etc...lol. I will conquer this!

shawn116

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2012, 04:05:08 PM »
 Good to see you check in Mocha00  :)  I'm glad to hear you are getting along well.  I sure would love to hear more about these recipes you have come up with.  ;D  Please share with us

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2012, 09:05:08 AM »
You can't get bored on FTS too many recipes! Plus you have a Umpa Food Genie Mocha! I love a challenge!

Stephanie

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2012, 10:17:35 AM »
WELCOME ABOARD ! : )