Author Topic: What are you missing?  (Read 8087 times)

Itsoversugar

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Re: Re: What are you missing?
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2012, 06:20:04 AM »
I would love a soy based, very low carb, wheat free wrap or bread substitute. I've decided to give up wheat completely and I can't find any LC bread substitutes that don't contain wheat.  It would also be lovely to have premade meals, like lean cuisines, that I could just grab. There are a few out there, such as LC chili, but the wraps would make life much easier.
This. About 10 years ago you could buy low carb frozen meals at the grocery. At least you could in my area. I remember buying them, but they weren't available for long. It would be great to be able to have a convenience like that again.
It'sOverSugar
263.2/254/150

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Re: What are you missing?
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2012, 08:07:24 AM »
Coconut flour carb counts;

Nutrition Facts

Serving Size 2 Tbsp.

Total Carbohydrate  8 g    Dietary Fiber  5 g    NET 3 per 2 tablespoons, to high for me  ;)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

Waterlilly

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2012, 08:18:00 AM »
This looks interesting Waterlilly Tortillas Primal Paleo Low Carb Gluten Free! Yummy Mexican Food!  I bet you could use the soy flour or even flax.  Honestly I still just love to use the romaine lettuce.  I was shocked when I was on vacation and a waiter asked me if I wanted some when I told him I didn't want the tortillas.  I with that restaurant was closer to me  :-\  Also don't forget about the one minute muffins  ;D

Interesting... I've considered maybe making some almond flour bread. I have made flaxseed bread and that works OK.  For me, the key word is "simple". I have to be able to mix it in a bowl.

We're getting a Whole Foods (Whole Paycheck! :D) here so maybe they will carry something I can use.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2012, 08:19:42 AM »
You could make your own Waterlily, Tupperware sells the containers with the compartments for tv dinners. :)

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2012, 11:19:36 AM »
The recipes on this forum make more than one serving so I freeze the excess in meal size portions.  When I leave for work in the morning, I grab and go.  It takes a few weeks to build up a variety, but it's worth the planning. 

shawn116

« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2012, 11:28:33 AM »
Total Carbohydrate  8 g    Dietary Fiber  5 g    NET 3 per 2 tablespoons, to high for me 

I agree Doug.  That's why I was thinking you could use flax, soy, nut flour or even a combo  :)  I like this video because she shows how simple it is to make your own. 

Waterlilly

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2012, 07:23:41 PM »
You could make your own Waterlily, Tupperware sells the containers with the compartments for tv dinners. :)

This is true. I have to economize because I don't have much space in a small apartment. But I think I could make it work.

nosugartalking

• View Profile
Re: Re: Re: What are you missing?
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2013, 09:05:22 PM »
I would love a soy based, very low carb, wheat free wrap or bread substitute. I've decided to give up wheat completely and I can't find any LC bread substitutes that don't contain wheat.  It would also be lovely to have premade meals, like lean cuisines, that I could just grab. There are a few out there, such as LC chili, but the wraps would make life much easier.
This. About 10 years ago you could buy low carb frozen meals at the grocery. At least you could in my area. I remember buying them, but they weren't available for long. It would be great to be able to have a convenience like that again.
Atkins, s now has frozen meals. They are extremely good. I found them at Wal-Mart for @ 3.00 dollars.
There are dinners and breakfast meals most about 6 carbs or under. Soooooexcited about these. They are great for work and at home when you need something quick. And amazingly delicious.

shawn116

« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2013, 10:13:11 PM »
Welcome to the forum nosugartalking!   :)

I saw those at my local Walmart the other day and wondered if they were any good.  I like to make my own freezer meals but I can sure see the appeal of having something ready made and quick to grab.  Especially for those folks that are super busy and/or don't like to cook  ;D  May I ask which ones you have tried?  

« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 10:15:05 PM by TooSweet »

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2013, 08:09:57 AM »
Thanks for the heads-up, nosugartalking.  Welcome to the forum.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2013, 08:14:54 AM »
Welcome nosugartalking :) I am Umpa, Dougs wife :)  There are lots of low carb tortillas on the market as well as lavash and pita breads. There are also lots of recipes here on the forum on the home page. The OMM(one minute muffins ) are extremely good and great for busy people. We are you located? :)

jetfan

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2013, 06:55:21 PM »
I love pea soup. Got any ideas?
Failure can be measured by the steps we don't take.

shawn116

« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2013, 07:39:46 PM »
I've had this on my list to try but haven't yet so I don't know how good it is.....I have to admit though it looks wonderful.   :)  

http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/split_pea_soup.html   Let us know if you give it a try  ;)  Here is another one http://www.food.com/recipe/low-carb-mock-pea-soup-119713
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 07:41:52 PM by TooSweet »

jetfan

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2013, 04:15:50 PM »
WILL DO THANKS
Failure can be measured by the steps we don't take.