Author Topic: extend bars and net carbs?  (Read 1879 times)

TexasTwinMama

• View Profile
extend bars and net carbs?
« on: September 19, 2011, 12:14:02 PM »
Hoping you guys can help me. I was in Walgreens the other day waiting on a script fill, and happened to notice these bars in the diabetics aisle. They look like they would do "in a pinch", and the ones I saw (peanut delight) claim to be one net carb. BUT, I looked at the product info and it has 20g carb, 5g fiber, 6g sugar alcohols, which does not add up to me. Smaller print on the package says that the net carbs were tallied by also taking total carb count away for the glycerine (3g) and uncooked cornstarch (5g). I was curious to know if this was really the true net carb count or some marketing ploy to sell the bars? Will anyone help me?
If it is truly just one net carb, then I will buy some so I can give u guys a review...
Beth

joagain

Re: extend bars and net carbs?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 12:48:45 PM »
Marketing they will  try anything cornstarch is a nono in anything for FTS .

Also do not try the detour low carb bars they are NASTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYy

The only bar that I see true to net carbs and that do not rise tylers Blood sugar is the Quest bar they are 4-5 carbs so if you are out & cant stop somewhere they are great very filling . They have brownie ,apple pie  & mixed berry bliss which is the bomb .

Sorry I gave you more info then you requested LOL

TexasTwinMama

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 12:56:57 PM »
Well darn, that is what I suspected- good thing I checked here first!
And IMHO there is no such thing as too much info!
Where are those Quest bars usually sold?
Beth

joagain

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 01:35:40 PM »
You have to order them now so I get them from netrition on my monthly order because no matter how much you buy their  shipping is 4.99

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2011, 08:24:11 AM »
Ultimate Nutrition and Carb Free bars are available and they are one -two carbs each.At 4-5 carbs each that is a meal replacement not a snack.Your bars you found are  a 9 Texastwinmama.I can find the Carb Free bars at Big lots but they are the same price at Netrition.Both brands are good . ;)

joagain

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2011, 08:28:19 AM »
Umpa I will have to look at my big lots  for the carb free bars .yes the quest bars are a meal replacement in a pinch . we found some of the detour bars and they were BLAH

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2011, 08:31:39 AM »
I looked at the nutritionals on the Quest bars and they are great for Tyler  ;) Try the caramel or peanut butter Carb Free bars.They are $15 for 12-15 bars. ;)