Author Topic: Woo Hoo  (Read 5507 times)

G8orgirl

• View Profile
Re: Woo Hoo
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2011, 09:50:05 AM »
Usually weight doesn't just come on overnight but in my case it came on fast (within 3 months I gained 30 pounds).  I went to the doctor thinking it was thyroid, depression or something that was causing me to retain weight as I hadn't changed my eating, drinking, sleeping or work habits.  He ran tests and everything came back normal.  Was sent to an endocrinologist and he ran tests but found nothing.  It was discouraging to have gained so much in such a short time, I went from a size 12 to 16/18.  I know the weight today is probably water weight and won't be typical but I am a person that has to see results or I feel as if I have failed.  Doug I will try and stay off the scale.  I can't promise but I can promise that even if I don't lose anything in the next couple of weeks that I will stick to it and keep living the F2S lifestyle.

katary

• Global Moderator
  • loose weight & hang with justin bieber:) i did:)
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katary
    • View Profile
    • gary and becky koehler show
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2011, 09:51:40 AM »
were you depressed about something at the time of this weight gain?

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2011, 09:56:35 AM »
I know the weight today is probably water weight  
G8orgirl I hold water weight as well.  My high blood pressure medication does include a water pill, but if I eat too much salt, I still retain water and my scale doesn't go down.  Try to eat in moderation things like processed meat (including bacon), cheese, salty snacks and of course the salt shaker.  Eat lots of fiber and drink lots of water and I find this helps.  Good luck this week, and sometimes when the scale isn't moving, you can feel that your clothes fit a little differently.

G8orgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2011, 01:22:32 PM »
I wasn't depressed which I almost wish I were so I could explain the weight gain.  The only thing I can think of is that age caught up with me.  I really wasn't watching what I was eating since I pretty much stayed at the same weight maybe +/- 5 pounds here and there, but this was crazy.  I am heavier than when I was pregnant which makes me sick to think I could let myself get this out of control.  But, it is a lifestyle change and I will have to continue to work at F2S not just for a couple weeks, months or years but for the rest of my life.

I realize that the first time I did this I wasn't having the carb deprivation cravings that others were talking about.  I wasn't moody, irritable, sad or anything.  Probably because I was eating too many vegetable carbs.  Today, I have been moody, irritable and in an all around bad mood ???  So I really think I am understanding how this works and will be successful this go round.  Woo Hoo for irritability ;D

katary

• Global Moderator
  • loose weight & hang with justin bieber:) i did:)
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katary
    • View Profile
    • gary and becky koehler show
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2011, 01:27:01 PM »
hey at least you still have your sense of humor ::)

joagain

« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2011, 01:36:52 PM »
It will pass G8orgirl  in  a few days .

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2011, 01:45:16 PM »
Hi G8orgirl!  :)

Everyone has good and bad days... That's just everyday life!
It's what we do with our days that makes a real difference.

Detoxing from sugar (although very unpleasant for some) is also VERY temporary!
Just hang in there, follow the F2S principles, and you will feel like a new person soon!... I promise!  ;)
What you do today is what matters!