Author Topic: Sausage Balls  (Read 13853 times)

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
Sausage Balls
« on: December 13, 2010, 10:33:17 PM »
Does anyone have a low carb recipe for sausage balls?  I would love to have them during Christmas.  The recipe I have calls for 1 lb sausage,  1 cup of shredded cheese and 2 cups of Bisquick mix.  I am wondering what would be best to substitute for the Bisquick.    Almond flour, flaxseed meal, or something else?   

owensmath

Re: Sausage Balls
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2010, 10:35:29 PM »
Great question!!! I can't wait to hear an answer.

owensmath

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2010, 10:36:21 PM »
Oh yeah and MADDYSMOM...your ticker is awesome! You're doing so well in your new lifestyle! I won't even recognize you when I see you.

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2010, 01:19:53 PM »
Wow ladies, both of you....awesome tickers!!!

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2010, 03:32:16 PM »
Awhh!  Thanks ladies!   I am loving this way of eating.  When I went for a check up last week, before I even weighed my doctor told me that he could tell I had lost when he saw my "face".  (That's not exactly where I need to lose it. ha ha)  I know it will happen.....stay the course....stay the course.

Umpa where are you???  It's Christmas, and we need sausage balls!!    ha ha   

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2010, 03:40:56 PM »
Maddysmom, I think Doug & Umpa may be enroute to Florida right now to escape the snow.  I found this recipe for Low Carb Sausage Balls by Googling it.  It was from another forum:

"This recipe always works for me-1lb sausage - 2 cups of your desired shredded cheese - 1 egg - half cup to cup of parm. cheese - bake at 350 till done(30 mins give or take min or two)" .

Here is the link for that, there are other suggestions as well:  
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lowcarb-recipe-help-suggestions/468449-help-sausage-ball-recipe.html
Hope this helps unless Umpa has a better suggestion for you.

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2010, 04:52:21 PM »
GREAT!  Thanks so much! I will certainly give this a try next week.  Umpa will be proud of you!   Wish I was headed to Florida!  I'm going up to Annapolis, MD Saturday, and they are expecting rain & snow on Sunday...  Brrrr   Tis the Season!

joagain

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2010, 05:13:59 PM »
Hey Maddysmom you have lost a lot that is great !!1 When did you start FTS ?

owensmath

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2010, 05:19:22 PM »
Speaking of that trip, Maddysmom...I haven't been able to mail that item to you yet. I've been stuck at home since Sunday afternoon and we have no school tomorrow either. I may not get it to you in time for this trip.

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2010, 09:36:26 AM »
That's ok Owensmath!  Still, it was very sweet of you to offer!  I am sure you can put it to good use later on! 

JoAgain, I started counting calories on April 1st and had lost 24 lbs.  I changed over to FTS on Sept 10th and so far lost 29 more.  I just listed my "total" on my ticker.   I am tall and big, so I have a LONG way to go.  It's funny, but all my life people have told me things like "You have such a pretty face" or that I "carry my weight well" and I have to wonder....what does that even mean?  Nobody carries over 300 pounds well...except for maybe an NFL football player.  ha ha  Oh well....I have to laugh about it.  I know we'll all get there if we just stick with it!  We are all in this together.  :)

joagain

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2010, 09:42:09 AM »
Yes Maddysmom my weight loss is so very slow, I will never quit but it does get frustrating . I have said the same thing to my sister how can you fell good about yourself when you way as much as football player that is 6'6 LOL

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2010, 12:52:41 PM »
you are correct shihtzmom you dont need the flour,and they will still stand up to cheesedip ;)  We are on our way  to the Keys and won't be home until thursday night.So hang in there we will get back to you as soon as we can ;)

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2010, 09:57:20 AM »
Hey, just got the results from my labwork last week....(drum roll)....My cholesterol was down to 169 !!!   I am honestly amazed because I have bacon for breakfast sometimes, and I have been eating those little stove top pizzas....alot!  ha ha   So thankful today!

joagain

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2010, 10:02:08 AM »
Thats great Maddysmom . It is amazing that everything we have been taught about fat is so untrue . No wonder there are so many fat people .
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 10:10:23 AM by joagain »

joagain

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2010, 10:04:19 AM »
2 lbs. sausage – I used one mild and one hot- it just added a hint of spicy (find sources for healthy meat)
1 lbs. ground beef
5 eggs
1-1/2 lbs. of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 small onion-chopped
1 t. pepper
Mix together and form into 2” balls ( I used the medium size Pampered Chef cookie baller.)

Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper to prevent sticking!  Bake 375* for 20-25 minutes.  You can freeze IF you have any leftovers, but the whole family will love them!