Author Topic: Juice.  (Read 3076 times)

beebs

• View Profile
Juice.
« on: May 02, 2010, 04:33:14 PM »
Ok here's my question if Im only drinking juice when i have a low blood sugar doesnt my body need it? So it should turn into bubbling fat right?

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Re: Juice. ***TYPE 1 DIABETICS ONLY***
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 07:54:38 PM »
Hi Beebs, I want you to recognize that neither I nor Sherri are doctors or licenced nutritionists. You should always keep your doctor in the loop on these types of questions. Your safety and good health are very important to us so I hope you heed this advice. You're doing great and your weight is dropping as it should but being a type 1 diabetic your blood sugar needs differ from those of us not afflicted with a lack of natural insulin. You must stay on top of your blood sugar needs and be aware of your levels at all times treating them along the way as prescribed by your doctor.

Now I'll answer your question to the best of my ability as a layman;

If your having a low blood sugar event, (70 or below) you're experiencing hypoglycemia and I believe you most definitely need to respond with one of the following ½ cup (4 oz.) of juice or non-diet soda or 1 cup (8 oz) milk or 1 tablespoon of honey or 3 to 4 glucose tablets. To ensure that your blood sugar is returning to a safe level, you should retest your blood about 15 minutes after taking some glucose. If it is still below 70 mg/dl, you should take another serving of fast-acting glucose and check again in another 15 minutes. It’s important that you not take in too much glucose when you experience hypoglycemia because it will cause your blood sugar to swing high. The goal is to raise your blood sugar enough to stop the symptoms so these smaller "step by step" methods are important.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 08:43:13 AM by umpa »
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

beebs

• View Profile
Re: Juice.
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 09:50:39 PM »
I usually drink a capri sun and eat a piece of GG bread to keep it up. Im just going off the how much sugar your body needs to run thing. If my body needs that sugar it's not going to affect my weight loss I guess was what I was asking.

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2010, 08:06:33 AM »
I would agree with that statement as long as you don't take in too much sugar at one shot
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2010, 09:57:59 AM »
Ok cool.