Author Topic: Christmas Party  (Read 6274 times)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Re: Christmas Party
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2010, 08:06:20 PM »
Jo, I have lost 52.5 lbs altogether.  But there is about 20-25 lbs in the middle that I have put off and on quite a few times.  This is the lowest I have been since the late 1980's.  I can't believe how easy this has been since I started FTS.  I wish I would have known about this years ago and saved myself a lot of agony.

This is the lowest I've been since about 1985... Ain't this lifestyle great!!!  ;D ;D ;D

And Jo, thanks for the congrats!!!  :)
What you do today is what matters!

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2010, 08:08:22 PM »
It sure is Mouseissue.  Wow, 37 pound weight loss, WTG!!!

joagain

« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2010, 08:52:07 PM »
That is great Shihtzumom1 I know you feel great ! Sometimes I feel discouarged that I am losing so  slow but I know that this is a lifetime change so if it takes me awhile I guess it just will . I wonder if I can get a prize/award  for having the slowest weight loss on FTS ? LOL

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2010, 11:10:21 AM »
That is great Shihtzumom1 I know you feel great ! Sometimes I feel discouarged that I am losing so  slow but I know that this is a lifetime change so if it takes me awhile I guess it just will . I wonder if I can get a prize/award  for having the slowest [url=http://www.fattoskinny.com/]weight loss[/url] on FTS ? LOL

Hi Jo, :)

Although I've lost 37 pounds, I see others (particularly other men) that have been losing much faster than I.
For a time, seeing that was a bit discouraging for me too.
But I found a way to not only overcome the discouragement, but keep it away as well!

I remind myself of these three things...

(1) I spent my entire life (over 58 years) getting as fat as I was when I started F2S. If it takes some time to lose that fat, that's OK.

(2) Given that F2S is a lifestyle and NOT a DIET, I ask myself; "Can I eat this way for the rest of my life?". The answer is a resounding "YES!!!". I've never eaten better and healthier in my entire life!

(3) My doctor says (and many other health authorities agree) that losing weight slowly is healthier AND when I reach my goal weight, it should be much easier to stay there.

So for me, the old adage; "Slow but sure wins the race.", is true.
Maybe it should be for you as well.
What you do today is what matters!

joagain

« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2010, 12:27:34 PM »
Tony I feel the same way as you do I will always eat this way I feel better then I ever have ,so I try to look at it as the weight loss is a plus to how good I feel instead of the other way around .

BUt also like you it does get discouarging when I see fast loss ,when I have so much to loose .

Thanks Tony

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2010, 01:47:32 PM »
Jo, I have been taking this weight off for 10 years, that is slow.  A lot of those pounds I have taken off more than once (or even twice...maybe 5 times).  So be thankful that you are doing it the right way now and only have to do it once.

katary

• Global Moderator
  • loose weight & hang with justin bieber:) i did:)
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katary
    • View Profile
    • gary and becky koehler show
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2010, 05:56:32 PM »
it is what it is....lose it fast or slow....the important thing is LOSING it!!!!!..... or i suppose you could just add to IT:( in the end does it really matter how long it takes to get there???? i think getting there is all that matters at this point,hey when you get there just think how happy & proud you'll be:)

joagain

« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2010, 06:18:16 PM »
I agree with all of you !!! I just want to go from fat to skinny (stomping  feet ) . Just kidding I  do look at as I would have gained 20 by the new year if I had not found FTS . I just get a little sad every once in awhile If I keep going which I for sure am I got nothing to lose but Fat !!!

Cara

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2010, 06:38:26 AM »
Joagain you could always use low carb wraps and use Christmas cookie cutters to make them into cute shapes.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2010, 09:12:36 AM »
Yes Jo we are home but it takes about a week to get settled in. ;)