Author Topic: Dessert Question  (Read 2438 times)

Rena

Dessert Question
« on: March 28, 2011, 08:46:14 PM »
This weekend I'm spending 2 nights in a very rustic cabin. I'm talking no electricity and no running water. It's 40+ miles away from anything, other than the Glacier National Park border. So, we'll basically be up there with all the hungry grizzlies who are just emerging from their winter rest.  :-\

Anyway, I was planning on making the Peanut Butter Cups to take with me. I won't have a fridge, so I was wondering if they'd do okay in a cooler. What do you think?

I have a problem though -- my order from Netrition isn't due in until Thursday afternoon and I'm leaving Friday morning. I can still make them, but was hoping for more time to see how they were. If my order doesn't get here in time, what else do you think would be good to bring, keeping my living arrangements in mind? I need something that will travel well on an EXTREMELY bumpy road, as well as can be put in a cooler, not a refrigerator.

Any suggestions?

Mimzy

• View Profile
Re: Dessert Question
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 12:22:48 AM »
Hi there Rena,

I returned from my vacation on Saturday and stayed on FTS the entire time! :D  When everyone got a waffle cone with rocky road ice cream ... I had a diet Dr. Pepper.  ;D

I was in the back country 4 wheeling and had snickerdoodles in a baggie and they held up great.  So, if you like them you could bring those.  They didn't require any kind of refrigeration and I was in warm weather climate.

I hope you have a great time and stay away from the grizzlies! :o

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
  • Start today, change your tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 09:15:44 AM »
Rena that sounds wonderful!! Be sure to post some pics when you get back.
Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Ann-Smith/e/B009G5C0SU/

Or read my weekly column "Byte of Life" at the Feminine Collective
http://femininecollective.com/byte-life-sa-smith/

Rena

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 09:34:27 AM »
Thanks, Mimzy & Sherrie.

You know, Snickerdoodles were my second choice. I might make those, or both, since we'll be there 2 nights. The other 3 ladies are on Weight Watchers, so I guess it wouldn't hurt them to have some of my SF goodies. Hee!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2011, 09:36:00 AM »
I agree with Mimzy, go to the bakery book and make 2 or 3 cookie recipes. Pop them into Tupperware and bingo.....desserts and a coffee treat all in one. I wold suggest Beanit Butter cookies and Fall Spice Balls :)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

Rena

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2011, 11:04:26 AM »
Thanks, Doug! I'm waiting on the Beanit Butter. It's supposed to get here late Thursday. I wish that was something I could buy locally. Is it only sold online?

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2011, 01:18:23 PM »
Have fun, Rena! :) :) :)

Being a fisherman, I love the outdoors.
There is a beautiful high country lake up north of us with rustic cabins (like you described).

I think I'll talk to my wife about hitching up the boat and having a mini-vacation after the lake opens later this Spring... I can already smell the fresh trout, bacon, and eggs cooking over an open fire!
What you do today is what matters!

Rena

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2011, 01:52:00 PM »
Tony,

If you fish, you'd love it here. I'm in northwestern Montana in the Flathead Valley and only 2 miles from Flathead Lake. It seems no matter where you go here, you're bound to run into a lake or river. We're only an hour from Glacier National Park, so that's kind of our playground for camping, kayaking, hiking, fishing, and swimming.

I am, however, more of an RV camper these days. This cabin will be quite different for me.  :D

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2011, 03:14:10 PM »
Tony,

If you fish, you'd love it here. I'm in northwestern Montana in the Flathead Valley and only 2 miles from Flathead Lake. It seems no matter where you go here, you're bound to run into a lake or river. We're only an hour from Glacier National Park, so that's kind of our playground for camping, kayaking, hiking, fishing, and swimming.

I am, however, more of an RV camper these days. This cabin will be quite different for me.  :D

Last year, my wife and I were talking about a Montana vacation around Flathead Lake.
As I said, I fish. But my wife rides horses.
We understand there are plenty of both out that way.

We still might do it yet.
If we do, perhaps we all could have a little get together.
What you do today is what matters!