Author Topic: dropping sugar alcohols =1.4 lb loss in 36 hrs!  (Read 1906 times)

catznflwrz

• View Profile
dropping sugar alcohols =1.4 lb loss in 36 hrs!
« on: April 11, 2012, 01:02:05 PM »
Hi Everyone, I adjusted my eating for the last 2 days by cutting out the sugar alcohols and drank more water as you all suggested, although I still had Xylitol in my hot tea (I've ordered the FTS zero sweetener) and the scale finally moved 1.4 lbs lighter! My weight had not changed much my first week of FTS and the wisdom from the FTS community was that perhaps I was one of the people whose body holds on to the fat when using sugar alcohols and to make sure and drink lots of water. Drinking more water is easier when remembering that it will assist in "fat flushing". I made the one minute chocolate cake for my husband and he pronounced it "very good" and he doesn't say that about most any other "replacement" treats we've tried before FTS recipes. I had a taste, and I love it! Who ever said that one of the big differences with FTS and Atkins is the recipes, was on the money... as you can only eat so much meat and cheese (Atkins) till you get sick of it. The variety created by FTS recipes is incredible! Getting advice and encouragement from those who have experienced similar difficulties (especially when you do hear of others who lose weight very fast) keeps me hopeful and determined. Oh yea, I downloaded Doug's e-book of Carb values... WHAT A SHOCKER...to find that there are still carbs/sugar to be found in deli meat and green veggies! I am learning that knowledge is power... and I want power to lose weight! Hope everyone is having a good week. Catznflwrz

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Re: dropping sugar alcohols =1.4 lb loss in 36 hrs!
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 01:21:17 PM »
Now you're on your way, Catznflwrz!!! :)

And you're so right!!!... FTS is the BOMB!!! ;D ;D ;D
What you do today is what matters!

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 01:38:26 PM »
Catznflwrz,
You sound so relaxed.  You are the one who was willing to ask for help and follow the advice you got.  Congratulations on seeing the scale move.  I see good things in your future.

Amber

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 03:49:28 PM »
Great news!  I was hesitant to try turnips and now they are one of my favorites  ;)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2012, 06:31:41 PM »
Great news!  I was hesitant to try turnips and now they are one of my favorites  ;)

They're ours too, Amber! :)

Since we can't get Jicama around here, they make a good substitute.
The trick is don't buy any that are soft... I've found them bitter tasting. :P
What you do today is what matters!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2012, 07:52:16 AM »
You bet Cat, that's what sets FAT TO SKINNY apart from all the other low carb programs...lots of replacements. I gotta tell you, this former fat guy doesn't want to go without ANYTHING!  ;)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2012, 08:51:12 AM »
Catznflwrz Doug is right ,its about replacements.Since we don't remove foods ,we replace them,there are no foods to add back after you lose the weight to make you gain it back.Cycle broken ;)