Poll

What is the main reason that makes you want to lose weight?

To be healthier
6 (75%)
To get a slim, nice body to fit in all the nice clothes out there (especially bikinis as summer is coming!)
0 (0%)
To get a boyfriend/girlfriend
1 (12.5%)
To have more confidence
1 (12.5%)
You are inspired by models/movies stars (In this case please comment and tell me who that model/star is! yh I think need an inspiring model!)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: Motivating myself to lose-weight  (Read 3588 times)

Honna

• View Profile
Motivating myself to lose-weight
« on: June 12, 2011, 10:05:06 AM »
Hi everyone,

I am Honna and I am new here :D. I am not overweight or anything, I am 1m60 and ~53kgs. So my BMI is 20.7 but I still would like to lose 3 to 4 kgs because I have a very chubby face, so like even when my body is fine, I still look quite fat. That's quite sad because it really makes me look like a kid (I'm nearly 20!). Yh so i used to talk about this with my friends, but I guess now I annoy them, and all they have been telling me is that I look fine so that we can change the subject! And I don't want people to think that I'm obsessed with weight or anorexic, so I think here is the right place for me to express my worry. People around me don't quite understand and they always think that I am exaggerating everything, but in fact, I unfortunately even have belly fat! :(

I always find it hard to motivate myself, especially when I am hungry, I always find very good excuses to let myself eat like a dinosaur, haha! So could you guys please help me out? How do you guys motivate yourself to lose weight or control your daily intake? I have been drinking lot of water lately, but it doesn't really help me. I also try to eat an apple everyday, but I kinda think it makes me even hungrier. I am always craving for food during mid nights when I'm studying! :( Or when I'm bored, all I want to do is to have junk food! :(

Please help me out! I really don't want to stuck in this childlike look anymore!

Thank you all!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 10:49:18 AM by Doug Varrieur »

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Re: Motivating myself to lose-weight
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2011, 10:53:00 AM »
Hi Honna, welcome to the forum, I'm curious what country you're from? All of your answers are in the FAT TO SKINNY book and on this forum. It sounds like you don't have that much weight to lose so it should happen pretty quickly for you. The key is to keep your total "net" carb intake less than 20 per day from all sources. The rest will take care of itself.  ;)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2011, 11:28:29 AM »
Hi Honna and welcome to the FTS forum!  You find that once you start sticking to 20 carbs or less, you won't have those cravings for the junk food anymore! Be sure to check out the recipe exchange section!   ;)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2011, 02:10:44 PM »
Welcome to the family, Honna! :)

You've received some great advice so far.

I strongly urge you to read Doug's book (again if you've already read it once).
The foundation for this lifestyle are very well laid out in it.

Most detail information about the FTS lifestyle will be found in this forum.
You will also find some of the most supportive people on the planet here!

One thing you've already learned is that sugar (even the fructose sugar from apples) can cause you become hungry.

Once you've limited your net carb intake to no more than 20 grams per day, you will most likely face "sugar detox" for up to a couple of weeks.
This is where our bodies are readjusting to being "sugar free".
After that, you'll suddenly feel so MUCH better than you do now... And will not crave junk anymore! :)
What you do today is what matters!

Square1ate

• View Profile
    • WWW.YOURAVON.COM/SHARILUCAS
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2011, 08:16:55 AM »
We all need to read the instead of  chapter.  That is the only thing for me!  I just don't sub . I avoid all of it.  I really am enjoying eating salads/veggies, fruits, and meat.  THis will be a detox and weight loser till I can find the subs in the grocery store.Can wait to try sugar free soda. oh yeah and cheese.  Everyone try not to make me too emotional,  It is a food trap.
I WARN YOU I AM SO SICK AROUND FOOD AND I NEVER CAN GAIN MY CONSCIOUSNESS AROUND IT.  i START THE PROGRAM TOMORROW

Square1ate

• View Profile
    • WWW.YOURAVON.COM/SHARILUCAS
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2011, 08:29:32 AM »
I hate being fat.  NO matter how much I lose I don't show a weight change to my self . my body image is destorted,I can't rest untill I am done the changes along with the real chances to be hot looking. I will exercise on  this plan and eat right . Because I am fighten for me and my lover to stay together. I will keep writing so that I can feel only 100% without anxiety.  Who will be a partner? We can right to each other about how descusting we are fat and challenge one another some of the way,  I just need to have a friend or group of friends. Come on, whose with me? 
I WARN YOU I AM SO SICK AROUND FOOD AND I NEVER CAN GAIN MY CONSCIOUSNESS AROUND IT.  i START THE PROGRAM TOMORROW

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2011, 09:03:41 AM »
Everyone here will support you, if you feel the need to purge your feelings, that's OK. I want you to review this post so you can get a handle on your motivations- http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=430.0
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2011, 09:32:03 AM »
Honna welcome to the forum if I can help you please ask! i am umpa,dougs wife and i have a column on the homepage called ask umpa where I can convert your favorite foods to fat to skinny friendly.Enjoy the forum! :)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2011, 09:35:02 AM »
Square1Ate i have 2 daughters that are adults.I will do everything in my power to help you.Not so you can keep your lover,but to give you the self confidence you need so you won't care if he stays or not.I want you to feel empowered! So anytime you need my help just ask. :)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2011, 02:10:30 PM »
... Who will be a partner? We can right to each other about how descusting we are fat and challenge one another some of the way,  I just need to have a friend or group of friends. Come on, whose with me? 

Hello Square1ate! :)

Not one of us here is disgusting!... And that includes YOU!
We just have some extra fat that needs to be removed from our bodies so that we will be healthier and happier.

We are ALL here to be your friends and partner with you on your FTS journey!
Just follow the FTS rules like the rest of us, and you WILL succeed!
What you do today is what matters!

Amber

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2011, 02:22:52 PM »
Welcome Honna  :)

Alex Cruz

• Forget yesterday, live today for a better tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2011, 04:04:20 PM »
Welcome Honna.

It doesnt appear that you need to lose weight, instead you need to tone.. Whichever way, F2S will help you not gain weight if done correctly...
wishing you the best of luck.
Alex

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. Eleanor Roosevelt

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2011, 07:49:35 AM »
We are here for you anytime you need us. ;) But you have to do this for you or you will never succeed.FACT :)