Author Topic: Xylitol side affect?  (Read 1837 times)

friedpie

• View Profile
Xylitol side affect?
« on: February 10, 2011, 07:37:10 AM »
My husband might be having an adverse side affect to xylitol and I was wondering if anyone else has run across this.  Last weekend I made a small cheese cake with xylitol, but for the two days we had it he noticed he was a little light headed and dizzy.  On the second day after telling me about how light headed he was feeling, I took his pulse which was 110 and B/P was very low.  He took it easy the remainder of the day and has since felt fine and his pulse and pressure returned to normal.  The only thing he can think of that's different is the more concentrated amount of xylitol in the cheesecake.

Any thoughts?

Friedpie

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Xylitol side affect?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 08:11:42 AM »
No friedpie.Xylitol is birch tree bark.i did alot of research before giving it to grandson .Sounds like a blood pressure problem. :)

owensmath

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 01:28:08 PM »
Does he take BP meds? Has he been on FTS?

It sounds a lot like the forum members who have mentioned that their doctors had to cut back on their BP meds after losing weight on FTS.

joagain

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2011, 01:38:06 PM »
Thats what I was thinking my sister was on 2 pills she started doing FTS after about 2 weeks she started feeling like that . They took her off the second pill . He probably needs to go see his doc .
Hope he feels better could be hisblood  sugar going low too !