Author Topic: Picky Eater  (Read 4013 times)

Keeperofthewild

• View Profile
    • Email
Picky Eater
« on: April 05, 2011, 12:56:06 PM »
 First let me tell you about myself. I'm a 43 year old stay at home mom, an weigh in at 205lbs.  Which at 5'2" is pretty big.   At 28 I was 105lbs with a diet of Pepsi and a pack of cigs a day.  Two kids and stopped smoking later I've gained 100lbs and hate food.

I know what I read is true.  The problem is I hate food.  The only meat I eat is ground beef and maybe steak on occasion. When it comes to veggies maybe 5 at most, and I really don't like them. I hate eggs and most breakfast foods.  I've done Atkins and lasted about two weeks before I was down to eating nothing at all. I would get hungry and cry because there would be nothing that I wanted to eat, and not eat.  When I got done with your book I started crying, because I cant eat or hate 90% of the food list.  I've tried forcing myself to eat the foods I don't like and I wind up gagging or throwing it back up.   So you ask what do I eat, well potatoes, spaghetti, and pizza. I'm really tried of them too.  I've done so many types of diets and programs and I'm tired.

Why I'm I writing to you I don't know.  I guess I just needed to vent. Thanks for listening.

joagain

Re: Picky Eater
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 01:28:32 PM »
Well Keeper I am a 48 year old stay at home mom that also lived on Bread ,Pasta, & Pizza ,french fries . If it was a starch I was eating it !!!  Then My son was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes 5 years ago . We went to healthy forms of carbs ,(well what we thought were healthy )like wheat bread instead of white bread ,thin crust pizza instead of thick crust . That was 7 months ago I have not had any of that since !! .  My son has cut his insulin in almost half .

It was also 6 months ago that I tasted Cauliflower and Zucchini for the first time in my live and it is my favorite food  !
 I guess it all depends on what you want and how bad you want it . The FTS is alot like Atkins but easier to follow and not quite as many restrictions .  20 carbs a day it is just that simple however you want to get them of course they should mostly come from Veggies .

I will tell you this you have to stick with it more then 2 weeks to get thru all the detox so that you can get all the benfits from FTS way of eating and it is not just weight loss !
No more acid reflux ,
no more indegestion ,
no more restless nights ,
no more headaches ,
no more afternoon naps ,
It cant be done halfway your are either in or you are not ! That can only be your choice ,if you choose to then this is the best forum for answers to your question, opionions to your comments ,and maybe some tough love that you dont want to hear . 
Hope you join us !!!! You will feel better then you have in years !!!!!!!!!!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 01:39:39 PM »
Glad to have you at the forum :) Don't worry, we'll get you eating well. Lets start you off with a great Italian meal :) click here to check out a great cooking video- http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=853.0 
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 02:05:07 PM »
Welcome to the family, Keeperofthewild! :) :) :) :) :) :)

All of us here really do care about your success.

I say the following to you assuming that you do not have an underlying medical condition (or take medication(s)) that causes food to taste bad to you.

Developing a taste for different foods is a matter of desire.
For example, I used to absolutely hate, despise, and could not even stand the smell of... broccoli.

When I first started FTS, I found a few really good looking recipes that had broccoli.
I started out by telling myself; "Although I don't like broccoli now. Many other folks do. And I can develop a taste for it so that I can enjoy these new recipes.".
Then, I developed a taste for it... A few bites at a time.
I would not force the issue. But allow myself time to find out what is good about the flavor.

I suggest you start out slowly developing a taste for low carb foods like meat, cheese, eggs, veggies, etc. by eating only a bite or two at a time.
Savoring each bite looking for the good in it.
As time goes along, eat a few more bites each time.
Soon, you'll not only be eating foods that you don't like now. But you'll come to love them too!

By the way... I now LOVE broccoli!!!

What you do today is what matters!

Keeperofthewild

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 02:19:42 PM »
Thanks!!!! 

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2011, 10:00:44 AM »
Welcome keeperofthewild! If I can help please ask.I am umpa dougs wife.i have a column on the homepage called ask umpa where I can convert your favorite foods to fat to skinny friendly.It doesn't sound like you have many so it will be easy! :D We have people here with all kind of food issues like vegans, vegetarians,no dairy,etc. You will fit in just fine ;)