Author Topic: Walden Farms Fruit Spread  (Read 6848 times)

jen1975

• View Profile
    • Email
Walden Farms Fruit Spread
« on: April 06, 2011, 09:08:34 AM »
  Has anyone tried these?  And if so, are they any good? Or does anyone have another option for jelly, that's something I miss some.  Thanks!

joagain

Re: Walden Farms Fruit Spread
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 09:33:50 AM »
It is verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyy sweet to me I did not like it I think alot of people use the 50/50 but I cant find it in stores . I use the SF honey with Beanit buttter when I am wanting jelly .
 Jen you might like it it has jelly taste it is just very sweet for my taste . The Sf Honey is good on my 1 carb biscuit recipe with a little butter mmmmmmmm. LOL I guess I will have to make some tonight to go with supper .

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 10:17:21 AM »
Like Jo said I prefer the 50 fifty jellies but I buy these too Jen ;)

Rena

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 06:30:18 PM »
I have the apple butter and orange marmalade by Walden Farms. They're really jelly-like and are hard to manage with a knife, so I use a spoon. I like them on the One-Minute Muffins.

Amber

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2011, 02:59:32 PM »
The BBQ sauce is great. I also bought the french onion dip and chocolate dip.  Took them both for mothers day lunch with family.  The french oniondip was no so much a success but the chocolate dip was good!

Rena

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2011, 03:16:18 PM »
I finally tried the blueberry and raspberry. I think I tried one of them years ago, but didn't like it so I tossed it out. Funny how much I love them now. We have Fifty50 too, but I'd rather have the 0 cal ... o ... well, you know. ;)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2011, 09:41:06 PM »
I finally tried the blueberry and raspberry. I think I tried one of them years ago, but didn't like it so I tossed it out. Funny how much I love them now. We have Fifty50 too, but I'd rather have the 0 cal ... o ... well, you know. ;)

Hi Rena! :)

Isn't it interesting how our taste buds for sweets and carbs flip on their heads when we live low carb!
What you do today is what matters!

Rena

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2011, 08:45:50 AM »
Yes, Tony, it is. It's funny too, because the very first time I tried the WF Chocolate Dip, I hated it. I mean, I hated it so much that I threw it out! But oddly, I loved the WF Chocolate Syrup. Then recently I tried the dip again and couldn't believe it tasted just like the syrup. Either my taste buds have changed, I had a bad first batch, or I am totally crazy. Probably the latter.  :o

Now only if the WF Peanut Spread would somehow start to taste good -- hahaha! That would be great, but I don't see that happening anytime soon. That stuff is nasty.

F2S-Awesome

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2011, 11:09:09 AM »
I agree, WF peanut butter is horrible. The fruit spreads to me are so close to Jello it makes it not worth the cost. I love the WF chocolate syrup with fresh strawberries and whipped cream, too good. The marshmallow and chocolate dips weren't all that thrilling but not horrible either; good enough to keep around for those times when you just need something fast yet different.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2011, 06:01:45 PM »
Look in your Bakery Book.You can use those dips for tarts ;)

mdanziger

• Getting Started is the Hardest Part!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2012, 04:23:47 PM »
I haven't tried the fifty/50 products yet, but my supermarket does carry a large selection of Walden Farms.  So far I have used the chocolate dip and the blueberry to make "Better Than Yogurt".

2 oz or cream cheese
3/4 cup of heavy cream
1 jar (12 oz) of WF dip

The chocolate was better - very mousse like.  I like the pancake syrup and the balsamic salad dressing.  I want to try the BBQ sauce next.

mdanziger

• Getting Started is the Hardest Part!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2012, 09:36:44 PM »
I stopped at the supermarket this evening and saw they have both Walden Farm's and Fifty/50 products.  I compared the ingredients in some.  I agree with the people who don't like the taste of the Walden Farms peanut butter spread.  However, I was dismayed to find that the Fifty/50 spread has partially hydrogenated oils.  If I am trying to get healthier by eating better, I am not going to put that in my system.  I went to the peanut butter aisle and picked up the I.M. Healthy soy nut butter instead.  I haven't loved the taste of soy nut butter in the past, but I am willing to give it another try.  I have read about Beanit Butter here on the forum, but have not tried it.  What have people found to be the best tasting option to replace peanut butter (or is sticking with natural, no sugar added, peanut butter the best)?

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2012, 09:42:00 PM »
I think it's a matter of taste.  I like cookies made with soynut butter but use natural, no sugar added, peanut butter to eat.  I use less than in the past and have gotten used to that, too.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2012, 09:46:29 PM »
Hi Mark! :)

After we've detoxed from sugar, our tastes begin to change.
In time, we tend to dislike sugary sweets and starchy carb foods.

My PB preference is mixing 50-50 all natural peanut butter with I.M. Healthy soy nut butter... It's really good and lower in carbs!!! :) :) :)

Tony
What you do today is what matters!