Author Topic: So frustrated!!  (Read 5008 times)

NewMe11

• View Profile
So frustrated!!
« on: April 15, 2011, 06:25:12 AM »
Ok so in the past week I've only dropped 1lb. Is this normal? I'm following everything correctly, but only 1lb gone. The weird thing is that I feel like more has been lost, and someone made a comment about the loss in my face yesterday... but after losing 6lbs so easily only 1lb in the last 5 days?!

joagain

Re: So frustrated!!
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 07:52:25 AM »
Newme11  did you lose 6 pounds the first week then 1 more pound ? If that is what you are saying then that is great !. That is 7 pounds in 2 weeks . Some people lose slow some lose fast !
 Some lose more inchs then weight . I would suggest early on that you put your scale away take your inchs and take them every week . Go by how good you feel get on the scale like every 2 weeks or even a month . I spent my first 4 months obsessed with the scale ,bout drove myself crazy (well more crazy ) ;D

After all we didn't jump on the scale everyday to see how much we gained when we were getting fat !!!!! Just stay under 20 carbs and only eat when you are really hungry.

NewMe11

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 08:00:10 AM »
Thank you! That is something I hadn't thought of in that respect... 7lbs in 2 weeks is good! You're right. And yes, my boyfriend just yelled at me to put my scale away too!! I think I'm driving the poor boy nuts. Thank you for the advice on the inches!!!!!

joagain

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2011, 08:07:29 AM »
 I started on Sept 20th and I have lost almost 30 pounds sounds very slow going ,but really that is like 4-5 pounds a month which is pretty good .  I have also lost over 30 inchs from all over and like 2/3 sizes .Just enjoy all the other great things that will happen to you because of FTS . Dont be like me and be miserable just cause the scale tells you too Have a good day and come here often , this forum is what helps us when we get discouraged !!!!!
 Jo

joagain

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2011, 08:11:43 AM »
Here is a link showing my frustration

http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=2301.0

So hpefully when I weigh on the 24th I will have more to report !

NewMe11

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2011, 08:20:31 PM »
Thank you so much!!! I think part of it was I slipped up and splurged a few days ago... but I realized that if I beat myself up about it it's going to happen again, instead of going, ok it's done and over with...move on!!!

joagain

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2011, 09:15:33 PM »
tommorrow is a new day and if you mess up 1 meal then do no carbs the rest of the day . With all the diets I was on if I cheated or failed then it would  go to oh well I will eat whatever and start on Monday how many times have we all said that lol

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2011, 07:05:37 AM »
Welcome to the family, NewMe11! :) :) :) :) :) :)

Like joagain says, this journey is not only about pounds... It's also about inches and other changes.

Our bodies change in many ways we cannot see (metabolically) while we lose our weight.
They constantly stop and perform readjustments.
So even though the scale may not move (or move slowly), as long as we stick to the FTS rules, we will reach our goals.

Also, keep in mind that no two of us are alike.
Some can lose weight at warp speed while others of us (like me) move along much more slowly.
So NEVER measure your success by how others are doing.

The key here is to ALWAYS remember that this is a LIFESTYLE and NOT a DIET!
Being a lifestyle, it's designed to be enjoyable and permanent.

What you do today is what matters!

katary

• Global Moderator
  • loose weight & hang with justin bieber:) i did:)
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katary
    • View Profile
    • gary and becky koehler show
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2011, 08:11:59 AM »
splurged???? following everything correctly???? the 2 don't go hand in hand:( your success will be determined by you and you alone,hey lets face it we can all claim to be following FTS to a tee,but only you know if you re not secretly "splurging". God only knows how many times in the past i "lied" to myself,convincing myself that this 1 time it would be okay to eat this or that:(
    bottomline here is that FTS is a complete lifestyle change,not a quick fix to a temporary problem....its a longterm commitment to a permanent problem....a solution to the 1 thing that has made your/my life almost unbearable...being FAT,over weight,obese....whatever words you choose to use to describe it.
     here is you chance to shed that part of your life forever:)
soooooooooo,is it worth it ??? or not????
     that being said:) stop splurging & get SkINnY:)
             GoOd lUCk aNd wElCoMe aBoArD:)

jen1975

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2011, 12:23:00 PM »
I agree with Katary.... but.... especially when just getting started;  S*** happens.  It is definitely an adjustment.  Your attitude is good, it happened move on.  Focusing on it only makes it worse and lowers your confidence in being able to make this lifestyle change.  And weight loss is going to be VERY individual - as frustrating as it can be, sometimes you will lose a lot and sometimes none.  Watch how your clothes fit and be VERY honest with yourself about what/ how much you are putting in your mouth and you will see results.  Keep on keeping on!  We are all here for you!