Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 2085 times)

ignatiousluv

• View Profile
« on: June 18, 2014, 09:14:12 AM »
Myself, my husband and son started the Fat to Skinny diet 3 days ago. I am finding it difficult because a lot of the low carb ingredients are not
available in my city. (Canada) I did order some tortillas on line, and we are anxious to receive them. My husband is expierencing some nauseau, light headedness, and the runs. Has anyone else expierenced this at the start of this diet?

Thank-you, Vivian

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Newbie
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 09:50:21 AM »
Hi Vivian! Welcome to the forum! :) I am Umpa,Dougs wife if I can help you please ask.Your husband and you are going through Sugar Detox.It takes about two weeks and is similar to drug or nicotine detox.His symptoms are normal.After two weeks though your energy will go through the roof and you will feel like a million bucks! With me peanut butter helped alot.I like the Peter Pan no high fructose corn syrup added.It is available where peter pan is sold and low in carbs .If you keep it simple you can shop within your grocery store.Meats ,berries,low carb veggies,avocados,cheese, eggs,nuts.Lots of water is important to flush the fat.Make the snack trays in the book they help when you are grazing.There are tons of recipes here on forum and lots of other cookbooks at FTS.With 50 posts you can get free books.I have a column on the home page called ask umpa where I can convert your favorite food to fat to skinny friendly. ;)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2014, 12:22:48 PM »
Welcome to the FTS family, Vivian!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

Sugar detox is part of healing our bodies from carb abuse.
And like drug withdrawals, like Umpa said, our bodies will 'rebel' at first.
How severe that is varies from almost nothing to what your husband is experiencing.

One thing that helped my a lot during detox was low carb yogurt.
If you can find it, buy some for your husband. It will due wonders to settle his stomach and gastrointestinal tract.

Please keep us apprised of your progress.
We're here for you whenever you need us! ;D

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

AliciaInTX

Re:
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2014, 01:21:45 PM »
Welcome!