Author Topic: Live Life People  (Read 1759 times)

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Live Life People
« on: December 30, 2012, 06:53:46 PM »
I got some very sad news yesterday morning, a good friend and past neighbour of mine died of a heart attack fighting a house fire with his local CFA (Country Fire Authority).  They had just finished putting out the fire and he hadgone back to the truck to get something when he collapsed and died. 

I always think with so many people qualified with CPR and 1st Aid there would always be someone around to help if you had a heart attack, but even though he was surrounded by many other firefighters, no one saw him go down and he died alone.  He left behind a wife and 2 beautiful girls, he was 46. 

It is sad and it is tragic, but it makes you think of your own mortality.  So people don't sit on your backsides waiting to lose weight before you do anything.  Get up, get moving, make the most of your lives.  Live it, because before you know it, it might be over and you have done NOTHING but sit thinking when I lose weight, I will do this, I will do that. 

DON'T THINK - DO

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Live Life People
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2012, 12:45:15 AM »
Thanks for the reminder, Morgan. 

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012, 09:21:19 AM »
I am so sorry for your loss Morgan :'(   

shawn116

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2012, 10:35:43 AM »
I'm so sorry to hear about your friend Morgan. 

You know....sometimes even when someone is right there it doesn't help.  My uncle had a massive heart attack on Thanksgiving day years ago right in front of my Aunt who has been a nurse for many years...she was unable to help him.  Thanks so much for that reminder.... life is way to short to wait for a perfect day.

mdanziger

• Getting Started is the Hardest Part!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2012, 10:40:56 AM »
Wow, I am 46 with two beautiful daughters.  I can't imagine not seeing them grow up.  What a horrible situation Morgan.  My thoughts and prayers are with you and your friend and his family.  You always think of firefighters as strong and healthy.  It amazes us when such a young man drops dead like that.  It makes me know that I have made the right choice in loosing weight and increasing my exercise.  I want to be here for my little girls for a long long time.

Mark

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2012, 01:35:03 PM »
Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend, Morgan. :'(

The advice you offer is rock solid.

We only live this life once.
Why spend it obsessing about something in the future?

Live life today!... For no one is guaranteed tomorrow!

Tony
What you do today is what matters!