Author Topic: confessions  (Read 4152 times)

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
confessions
« on: September 24, 2013, 07:26:14 PM »
Maybe there should be a section on 'falling off the wagon' or 'oops' or 'what was I thinking'.

Yesterday did not turn out the way I had planned it.  Such is life.  I ate a reasonable breakfast thank goodness.  2 cups coffee later - no lunch in sight, delays, delays, delays.  Dinner time coming on quick.  Hallucinations of pizza started kicking in.  No no, my sane self said - go to McDonald's and skip the bun - you've done this before, it will get you through till you get home (was far from home).

Now maybe I wouldn't have done this if my friend wasn't with me (I would like to think that).  I don't think I would have bothered.  But in the end, it was ME and no one to blame but me.  So 3 slices of pizza later (it wasn't just any pizza - it was from my favourite place before fts (not that I went there often as it is far from home) and as good as I remembered.  I got home and had another 2 slices (even though it doesn't taste anywhere as good as just out of oven). The rest is in freezer (I hate it once it's frozen) to feed to daughter when she visits or to toss when freezer burn hits.  I followed up with broken bits of kit kit from a birthday cake I had made for my daughter.  The cake was covered in icing, maltesers and kit kats of which I did not so much as lick the spoon.

Now to pay the price - usually when I go to bed I just fall asleep.  Last night I didn't sleep well.  I felt like the pizza soaked up all of the moisture in my body.  I felt so bloated and just kept waking up.  I didn't feel ill really just like a balloon.  I had reconciled myself somewhat by saying the crust was really thin, very little tomato sauce, mainly ham, little onion and an egg (called an Aussie).  What got me was that I thought it out beforehand and decided that it really wasn't okay, but did it anyway.  A conscious
decision. 

It just goes to show that things can go awry no matter how long you have been on fts.  Or maybe it's just me.  Back on the bandwagon today.  It's just a hiccup on the road, nothing else.  Just thought I would share.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Re: confessions
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2013, 07:44:20 PM »
Hi, Morgan! :)

I think you know why you fell of the wagon this time... You allowed yourself to become too hungry!

When we do this, out of survival instinct, our bodies start screaming for food (any food).
And if only carby junk is available and easy, then that's what we will usually go for.

The key is to be prepared!... I always keep some non-perishable in the car (like nuts, protein bars. etc.) for just such occasions.
We just never know when we'll be caught off guard and need backup! ;)

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2013, 08:10:15 PM »
You are so right Tony.  Before yesterday I would have said I never travel without snacks on me, but yesterday nothing went to plan.  I always have stuff on me, because I know these things happen.

shawn116

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2013, 09:59:49 PM »
Hi Morgan don't beat yourself up  ;)

This is a great idea for discussion by the way.  This goes to show that even the most seasoned FTSers can run amuck  ;) ;)  ;D I'm sure you are not alone.  Having a section about this also helps those new to FTS know that it happens to the best of us....always keep in mind that it is a lifestyle and some days just don't go as we plan them.  It might take a couple of days to undo the slip (as far as detoxing the carbs) but there is always a chance to get back on track.  Also it reaffirms why you don't want to do it.  At least it does for me.  I hate the way I feel when I eat something I shouldn't.  That bloated icky feeling isn't a favorite of mine  :P :P  Even if the taste is as good as I remember.  More times than not though I really hate the way it tastes now....

Joagain

• You can have excuses or results you cant have both
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2013, 10:04:42 PM »
It is crazy how we feel when we eat something ! It really affects my sleep and the surprising thing is my sinus also I get stuffy and headache .

Crazy that just shows how bad that stuff is for us all

You can have excuses or results you cant have both !

shawn116

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2013, 10:27:56 PM »
I have noticed that in the past too Jo...I have often wondered if I might be sensitive to gluten as well   :-\  I try to watch that along with the sugar now.  You would be surprised where they put gluten...it's as sneaky as the sugar they are always adding in everything  :(

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2013, 08:01:04 PM »
Morgan when I fall off the wagon its Boudins Bakery Sourdough bread in San Francisco! I can eat a loaf! I always feel like crap after and that feeling lasts awhile! You are too cute,thanks for coming to the confessional! :D

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2013, 12:57:11 PM »
Me too, Jo, Shawn, & Umpa! :) :) :)

I believe these symptoms of ingesting a substance that's toxic... (hidden) SUGAR!
We could call them, symptoms of sugar poisoning.

SUGAR is TOXIC and dangerous!!!

The sweet almond smell of cyanide gas is pleasant, until it kills!
Sugar can be "pleasant"... But also, can be deadly!

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2013, 09:58:32 AM »
Thats why I am glad I do not live in San Francisco Tony! :D I am a east coast girl! :D

o0OSusieO0o

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2013, 11:11:05 PM »
I have fallen off the wagon quite a few times, even recently.... but I just go right back with no guilt. I know it my learning lesson on how much better I feel eating correctly... our FTS family way!
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Elizabeth779

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2013, 04:12:30 AM »
Hi Morgan -- I'm so glad you shared.....I had a day like that myself this week.  I got RIGHT back on track, and I'm glad you did as well. 

I carry a really small little ice chest with some blue ice (because summers are very hot here), and put in some cheese, and salami, and meat, and some LC peanut butter, and some olives.....and sometimes that gets me through when I get too hungry, but have to wait a bit to eat. 

Hang in there gal! 

Kim P

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2013, 07:19:24 AM »
PIZZA ~ LOVE IT and CRAVE IT!!  If anyone has a Cici's Pizza near them here is an FYI ~ They will bake you a crustless supreme (or whatever you want) pizza just for you.  They simply put all the ingredients into a pan and bake it up and they have a salad bar you can eat with it  :)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2013, 08:46:26 AM »
That's good to know Kim :) If you want pizza Morgan simply keep low carb tortillas in your purse, go to your fav pizza joint, buy a slice and slide everything into your tortilla then throw away the crust  ;)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

shawn116

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2013, 10:59:20 AM »
PIZZA ~ LOVE IT and CRAVE IT!!  If anyone has a Cici's Pizza near them here is an FYI ~ They will bake you a crustless supreme (or whatever you want) pizza just for you.  They simply put all the ingredients into a pan and bake it up and they have a salad bar you can eat with it  Smiley

Really??  I never knew they would do that  :-* :-* :-* :-*  Thanks Kim

Kim P

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2013, 09:03:02 PM »
Yep!  They kindly informed me that they make those when they saw me tossing out a carload of pizza crusts - hee hee.