Author Topic: Thanks so much Doug, this is going to change my life.  (Read 7642 times)

guypacot

• View Profile
    • Guy's Weight Loss Story
Thanks so much Doug, this is going to change my life.
« on: January 26, 2011, 11:33:55 AM »
Doug,

I got the book yesterday and read it from cover to cover after work last night.  I got halfway through a BS in Nursing program before my back gave out (due to my weight) and I know for a fact that this will work, but never put 2 and 2 together in regards to the hidden carbs.  My good friend Ken Stearns in La Grange, WY told me about your book and he has lost over 50 lbs. and is the thinnest, healthiest, and reversed his Type II Diabetes.  That was proof enough for me.  I'm going to buy the book for my daughter who is struggling to lose the weight after having her first child, and unfortunately she has my body-type genetics.

My wife has committed to eat what I'm eating (even though she's only got a handful of lbs. to lose).  This program is going to change my whole family.

My goal is to go from 275 down to 190 so that's 85 lbs.  I have Type II Diabetes (diet only, no medications). I'm going to post my progress here weekly.  I'm taking before photos and measurements tonight and will be setting up a blog to chronicle my weight-loss journey.

Thanks so much Doug, I know you've helped more people than I can count and I'm looking forward to adding another success story.

All here can feel free to hold me accountable and I encourage you to check in on me from time to time.

Sincerely,

Guy Pacot
Over 50, 5'11" and weigh 275.  I've been as high as 353.  I have Type II Diabetes, borderline HBP, back and abdominal issues.  It's time to be disciplined and get the weight off and I have the tools I need now.

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Thanks so much Doug, this is going to change my life.
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 11:44:29 AM »
Welcome to the Fat to Skinny forum family Guy!!  You have come to the right place.  Everyone here is very supportive and you will find amazing recipes and ideas here too.  That is great that your wife is being supportive.  You can make it fun together reading recipes and planning low carb meals.  The great thing about FTS is that it is not just chicken and vegetables.  There are suggestions for alternatives to your old favourites so you never feel like you are missing out on anything, just a new healthy version.  Good luck with your journey. 

joagain

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 01:24:17 PM »
Welcome and you will feel so much better in a couple of weeks !!!!

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 01:38:19 PM »
Welcome to the forum!  You will really enjoy everyone on here!  They are all so encouraging and helpful.  Once you get past the detox from sugar, you will be on your way!!  This is really a lifestyle and not a diet, so it gets easier as you go!     

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 02:26:28 PM »
Welcome to the family, Guy!  :) :) :)

Looking forward to hearing from you again soon!

What you do today is what matters!

katary

• Global Moderator
  • loose weight & hang with justin bieber:) i did:)
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katary
    • View Profile
    • gary and becky koehler show
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2011, 02:37:16 PM »
welcome to FTS Guy:) coincidentally i too weighed 275lbs..... on April 12th 2010 and less then 6 months later i had achieved my goal of also reaching 190 lbs and have been easily maintaining that weight for a few months now...... best advice i can give you is to set your mind to the goal & don't let anything/anyone get in your way:) once you get into it...it gets easier with every passing day.... but you have to commit.... also my wife and your wife sound the same,she wasn't a fatass like i was...but went down the road with me & ended up losing almost 20 lbs herself:) good luck my friend:) you can check out my journey under the "share your success" the thread entitled "April 12th"

anything i can do to help....just ask:)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 02:39:14 PM by katary »

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2011, 07:22:31 PM »
Welcome to the family Guy! Happy to help  ;)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)