Author Topic: A new day  (Read 5496 times)

RGLOSE

• View Profile
    • Email
A new day
« on: January 07, 2013, 10:43:59 AM »
Today 1/07/2013 I am commiting myself to the FAT to SKINNY program. So far so good. I will reply to this discussion on a weekly basis as a way of tracking my progess. I will tell you about my struggles, how i got through them, what is keeping me on track, and my weight. Giving up pastas and breads are going to be the most difficult for me, but I will keep a picture of my FAT self on me at all times along with my FAT to SKINNY book as a reminder that I want to look good and be healthy. That bikini haning up in the closet will be another reminder, I know this will be rough couple of weeks while going through detox, but I am more than willing to take the right steps in becoming a SKINNY and healthier person! So wish me luck! :) I will also continue reading and posting on other topics to know that I am not alone.
* On my way *

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: A new day
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 01:10:31 PM »
Good luck.  My advice is to stick to the basics in the beginning.  Eggs, some cheese, meat and low carb veggies.  There are lots of replacements for the breads and pastas you like and you will be able to add those in as you figure out how to make this lifestyle work for you.  Drink lots of water, too.

Joining in on the forum discussions is a great way to get the info you need to stay on track.  Welcome to the family.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 02:33:20 PM »
Hi, Rebeccah! :)

I fully agree with Andrea!... Keep it simple for now.
You're not just changing your body with a different way of relating to food, but your thought processes about food are changing too.

As you get more comfortable with FTS, get more adventuresome!

And if you ever feel your struggling, please don't hesitate to talk to us here.
We're here to help and support you! :)

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

Stephanie

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Re: A new day
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 02:38:12 PM »
Go Rebbecaha go! ;D
You are going to be fine!

skychant

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 03:19:32 PM »
If you stick with FTS by summer you will be in that bikini.  You can do this!  Best of Luck  ;)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2013, 08:41:02 AM »
RGLOSE do not give up a single thing! The reason Fat to skinny works so well is we have replacements for everything! On the homepage I have a column called ask umpa where I can convert anything! We also have the fat to skinny bakery book which is full of breads,cookies,cakes,ice creams ,pies, biscotti,etc. You are not being punished you are just changing your lifestyle ;) You can get books for free at 50 posts or you can fetch them at fat to skinny .com  You will be a bikini babe! ;)

RGLOSE

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2013, 09:25:44 AM »
I know it has not been a week since i started my FAT to SKINNY lifestyle but i thought i woud just share that on Wednesday 01/02/2013 I started on the weight watchers diet, then turned over to the FAT to SKINNY on Monday 01/07/2013. I weighed myself last night and i am PROUD to say i have lost 2 LBS. Not much but it is a start! I work out 3 times a week for 45 mins on the treadmill to help the weight loss progress along. Also using weights to bulid muscle and get rid of the arm flab. They are only 3 lb weights. Along with my exercise ball for the mid section. I have never been more excited to lose weight than i am now with this program. I will check back in on monday after my offical week with FAT to SKINNY. Thanks everyone! Enjoy your day!
* On my way *

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2013, 09:28:30 AM »
You are gonna do great :) Congrats on the weight loss.

skychant

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2013, 03:24:32 PM »
You are doing great and probably have lost even more.  The best time to weigh yourself is in the morning after you use the bathroom and before you eat.  It is exciting to watch the positive changes that FTS can bring.  Keep up the good work!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2013, 04:45:34 PM »
Hi, Rebeccah! :)

You're off to a good start! 8)

Be sure to take your measurements often!
Muscle is heavier than fat. That can make good progress seem slow.
Plus, we often lose size when we're not losing pounds! ;)

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

RGLOSE

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2013, 09:11:30 AM »
Thank you all for your on going support! It is very much needed in my struggle to kick unhealthy eating to the side. The minor weight loss is also a very good push in the right direction. Thanks again. I will post again on monday with my 1st week of the FAT to SKINNY life style achivements :)
* On my way *

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2013, 09:14:30 AM »
I agree with Umpa RGLOSE if pasta is your temptation then start eating Pasta alternatives to fill that need. Try these recipes they are wonderful :)

LOW CARB Chicken Parmesan and Pasta from FAT TO SKINNY

LOW CARB Italian Stuffed Zucchini
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

RGLOSE

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2013, 09:21:29 PM »
Thanks Doug, Those are going into my cookbook for sure! On another note, today was my official 1 week with the FAT to SKINNY life style. Now im not going to lie to everyone and say im doing great because im not. Since Friday I have worked in carbs :( BUT I still have managed to lose 3 LBS and I have measured my self and put it into a BMI calculator ( I couldn't find the measurements I took before) and my BMI has gone from 31.6 to 31.4. I will try to take a more accurate measurement in the morning when im not so bloated. But it is still really exciting. I continue to work out 3 days a week which is why I feel I haven't gained anything back YET, but I really hope not to. So tomorrow I am taking myself back off the gravy train and back to the FAT to SKINNY way. Every time I eat pastas and breads I feel guilty afterwards. I feel FATTER than I already am. Every time I tell myself back to the diet tomorrow, it all seems fine in the morning but as soon as I come home, that is it. I eat what I want and the word DIET doesn't even phase me. I wish to hear any helpful stories/ideas/ or anything to help me get over myself thinking that I NEED carbs when I know that I don't! I am in serious need of a confidence booster. :(
* On my way *

shawn116

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2013, 11:30:59 PM »
You are doing awesome!!   ;D ;D  Congratulations on the 3 lbs!!

Every time I tell myself back to the diet tomorrow
 Here is where you are going wrong.  You need to think of this as a lifestyle not a diet.  This is simply how you choose to eat to be healthy.  If you are thinking of it as a diet as in something temporary....something in place of.....something you have to do....etc   I think you get the picture.  Your best course of action is to always be prepared.  Being prepared is your friend....  ;D   Take the I gotta have something out of the equation.  Decide right now what you will eat tomorrow (all meals, snacks, drinks etc) or even for the week and have them ready.  That way when you hit the door about to starve or thinking you are...... you wont be tempted to grab the wrong thing.  If you are craving something, find a replacement for it.  You shouldn't feel deprived or hungry in any way when you are following FTS rules.  Most of all you have to decide that it is what you want.  Old habits are hard to break but once you let yourself detox from the sugar you wont be craving any of the pasta or bread or other carby stuff.  We all understand what you are going through....trust me we've been there.  You can do it!!  We are right here with you  :)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 11:48:33 PM by TooSweet »

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2013, 08:21:17 AM »
First of all 3 pounds gone while still taking in more carbs than you should tells me once you get serious about this theweight will come off quickly.. By the way 3 pounds of FAT looks like this;

NOW your answer is sooooo simple. You can't eat what ain't there.

Clean Out Your House Of ALL Carbs
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)