Author Topic: A new day  (Read 5494 times)

RGLOSE

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: A new day
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2013, 11:34:07 AM »
THANKS! The only problem with Cleaning house is my boyfriend, he will not give up his carbs! He doesn't gain any weight so he will shovel down what ever he wants. He tries to help me the best he can but there is only so much he can do. So, im not making excuses, i just have a greater challenge to overcome. I will do this. Im going to smooth out the bumbs so the weight falls right off :) This is why i love this forum. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
* On my way *

mdanziger

• Getting Started is the Hardest Part!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2013, 11:54:55 AM »
OK, so you can't just toss all the carbs.  What I did was to set aside a cabinet that was just for my FTS foods.  I did the same in the fridge.  I claimed space and filled it with good stuff.  Of course, I am willing to share the good stuff with my family, but they don't go raiding my food so that when I need it, I have it.

When you come home and crave the bread and pasta, you have to open your cabinet and pull out a substitute.  Eventually, you won't crave the bread and pasta anymore.

Sharing your life with a carbie can be challenging, but as long as he doesn't try to push the carbs on you (and it doesn't sound like he does), you will be fine.  You have heard it before, and you will hear it again....and soon you will even be saying it to other newbies,  FTS is not a diet, it is a lifestyle.  It becomes a habit (just like the habits you currently are trying to break).  The key is being prepared.  If you have good food in the house, you can substitute when you crave carbs.  If you don't have the healthy food available, then you will give in to the craving and eat the bad food.

Stick with it RGLOSE... it is worth it.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2013, 12:44:41 PM »
You truly CAN do this, Rebeccah!!!! :) :) :) :) :)

Having carby food around while adjusting to FTS is an added challenge... But it's doable!
I went through this too, when I started FTS.

Right now, you're having a fight with your habits and your desires.
This is quite normal early on while adjusting to a new lifestyle.
You may think you "need" to have breads or pasta, but it's just a desire.
As time goes by, those strong urges and cravings will go away! ;D

And always remember, you, and ONLY you, control what passes between your lips. ;)

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2013, 09:10:15 AM »
I'll take the cabinet idea one step further have all the boyfriends carbs in a cabinet with a lock that he has the only key!  :o

Once you finish detox your cravings for carbs will simply go away. BUT if you start again so does detox.
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

RGLOSE

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2013, 01:18:19 PM »
Doug, That is a great idea, i will make sure all his junky food go in his office. :)
mdanziger, You are absolutly right, i need to not look at this like a diet anymore.

Thank you to eveyone else that posted. It means a lot and it is what I need :)

In any event, I do have to start over :( but i am now 2 pounds down still. I dont want to gain them back too. So i will be going food shopping either tonight or tomorrow after work, and my list has come directly out of the FAT to SKINNY book itself. So here we go again! I will do this, I can't stand to look at my self in mirror anymore! I want to wear that bikini & be able to fit into my clothes from 2 years ago. I will just keep telling my self I DONT NEED FATTY CARBS. So detox here I come... again!
* On my way *

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2013, 09:46:03 AM »
You Go Girl!!