Author Topic: Pleas Help! Betty Jo  (Read 1369 times)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Pleas Help! Betty Jo
« on: January 17, 2012, 08:26:15 AM »
This was a personal email sent to me but some really good questions so I wanted to share :)

Hi just wondering if you can answer a few questions for me ?
1) If you exercise (treadmill), can u subtract the amount of carbs burned from the total 20 carbs allowed?

2) If you juice the allowed vegetables how do you convert the carbs per 6-8oz glass and most of all the skin is extracted ie: 8 cucumbers and 2 celery whole stalks.

3) Do you have the cookbook as a hardcopy?
Thank You sooooooo much for your time.
Betty Jo

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Re: Pleas Help! Betty Jo
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 08:58:55 AM »
Hi BettyJo, here's your answers;

#1- NO, the point of the treadmill is to burn more stored fuel (fat) by revving up the engine, it's not a license to increase your carb intake.

#2- Your carbs will actually increase from juiced veggies because you remove the fiber from the mix. Most of the fiber will be found in the pulp, skin, stalks etc. For you to calculate the end result look at the serving size of the veggie and DO NOT subtract the fiber from the calculation. For example 1 large stalk of celery contains 1.85 carbs but 1 carb is fiber so the result is a net .85 carbs.  A cucumber is the same carbs, 1.85 but has far less fiber .3 grams, but still they add up. So lets do the conversion for you.

Eating 8 cucumbers and 2 large celery stalks= total carbs- 18.50 less fiber, 5 grams net carbs= 13.50 and you will be stuffed!

Drinking the juiced above will not allow you to subtract the fiber so you'llake in 18.50 grams of carbs and you'll be hungry fairly quickly.

I strongly suggest you put the vitamix in the closet and don't cheat yourself out of the fiber and bulk from your veggies.

#3- The original cookbook is now part of the new revised edition of FTS, so yes it's in print. Umpa and I are well into another cookbook loaded with all new recipes, it will be available 5-8 weeks from now in E book form  8)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

Alex Cruz

• Forget yesterday, live today for a better tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Pleas Help! Betty Jo
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 08:19:54 PM »
Betty Jo,

I wish you luck and keep in mind that we are here for you. It can be a bit overwhleming the first couple of days but then it just becomes 2nd nature...
Alex

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. Eleanor Roosevelt