Author Topic: Carbs vs. Calories  (Read 4129 times)

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Carbs vs. Calories
« on: September 09, 2010, 12:15:10 PM »
I know we are supposed to increase our activity to try and burn off more carbs than we take in.  How do we know how many carbs we are burning off.  My pedometer and the equipment at the gym all tell you how many calories I am burning, but not carbs.  I just would like a rough idea how to determine this.

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Re: Carbs vs. Calories
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2010, 03:48:43 PM »
The question you've asked has no simple answer. The amount of sugar we burn while exercising varies greatly by the type of exercise and by our personal metabolism. I've attached a chart for you to take a look at which will give you a good idea. It will also give you an idea of which exercise burns the most sugar in the least time. My advice to you is not to ever try and battle carbs by exercise....don't even think about it. Instead make the decision that your exercise is for heart health, muscle development, attitude and lungs. Exercise for FUN, not to beat the numbers, stop when you've had enough...continue when you want more. Eating FTS you never have to beat the numbers unless you're making the decision to increase your carb counts on a daily basis...are you? If that's the case you'll have to learn through trial and error haw many minutes of your particular exercise routine it will take for the scale to stay the same or drop based on your personal carb intake.
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2010, 04:05:08 PM »
No, not planning on increasing my carb intake, I just want the weight to come off faster.  I know it sounds like I'm being impatient because I know it took more than a few months to put on, I just wanted to help move things along at a faster pace (I guess that is being impatient).  I'll just continue to do my walking.  I have been going to the gym this week because I have a wedding to go to on Saturday and just thought it would make me feel a little better  if I was a little firmer (I know this also won't happen in a few days, I just feel better trying.)

Speaking of attending a wedding, any suggestions on how to be prepared for the dinner.  I know to stay away from the potatoes, pasta and buns, there will probably be chicken, maybe even beef, should be salad and vegetables.  If there is meatballs, they probably have bread crumbs in them.  Maybe I'll duck into the washroom when dessert comes around.  Any suggestions on what anyone else has done while attending a wedding would be much appreciated.

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2010, 04:08:07 PM »
Don't hide in the bathroom during dessert  :D :D instead bring a few sugar free sweets with you in your purse...hide in the bathroom...you crack me up! LOL  ;D
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)