Author Topic: For Those Who Need or Desire Bread  (Read 3382 times)

smcconnico

• View Profile
For Those Who Need or Desire Bread
« on: January 15, 2011, 06:21:33 PM »
When I was at my local grocery store, I was checking out the total carbs on the breads.  My wife has finally read the book and has gotten on board, but she still wants her bread.  Anyway, I found some flatbread (Flatout Flatbread) that actually got my attention.

It's multi-grain with flax seed oil (a source of Omega 3), is 100 calories each, 17g carbs, 8g dietary fiber, 1g sugar alcohol (in other words, 8 net carbs), and it doesn't taste bad.  I bought a pack to try and we made beef and chicken fajitas that night in our George Foreman.  It wasn't a bad taste at all.  Since the bread is large enough to make a pizza with, we split it and both had a fajita taco.  Filled us both up and toasted our new beginnings on this new life style with diet cranberry juice (0 carbs).

owensmath

Re: For Those Who Need or Desire Bread
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 07:59:47 PM »
What brand of diet cranberry juice is 0 carbs? The only one I have seen is 2 carbs.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 08:46:23 AM »
Welcome smcconnico! i am umpa, dougs wife.If I can help you please ask.i have a column on the homepage called ask umpa where i can help you convert your favorite recipes to fat to skinny friendly.There are bread recipes here on the forum and check out the Fat to skinny Bakery. ;)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 04:34:47 PM »
Hello smcconnico (and wife)!  :) :) :)

The members of this forum family are all in this together!... To help each other reach and maintain our [url=http://www.fattoskinny.com/]weight loss[/url] goals.
This is, by far, the most supportive group of people I have ever known!

By keeping your meals (or snacks) at or below 4 net grams carbs (totaling no more than 20 per day), you are eating low-carb the FTS way!
Higher net carbs than that might trigger an insulin response and stop your [url=http://www.fattoskinny.com/]weight loss[/url] progress.

Portion control is important too!
One way to "stall out" is to eat too much food.
This happened to me over the holidays.

Welcome to our family smcconnico (and wife)!  :) :) :)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 04:37:58 PM by mouseissue »
What you do today is what matters!

smcconnico

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2011, 10:38:43 PM »
Thanks for responding....

For the Diet Cranberry, I can't find it at the store anymore (Wal Mart).  The other one did have 2 carbs.

They tasted the same, but it's still low in carbs and good for the liver.

We started during the Christmas Season, and like most of her heritage, love tamales during the season.  We didn't have any and don't feel we were left out on anything.

As we continue, we will let y'all know how we're doing.[/left]

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2011, 03:29:03 PM »
Being as my family is in texas tamales has always been a Christmas tradition with queso.I cook alot of mexican and cuban food because i live in south florida and i love it! Let me know if you need help with your recipes. ;)

smcconnico

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2011, 09:22:46 PM »
 Hi Umpa, ;D

Stupid question, but they have Mexicans in Florida?

I've found there's a difference in Cuban and Mexican cultures and foods, but they all love the same....chili peppers and meat.

Are any of these recipes in a new cook book?  If not...you ought to try making one.

By the way, when I was in S.E.A.....notibly Thailand, I found something that might stir your interest to try.  It burnt fat and weight away like you wouldn't believe.

A papaya salad.

I can't think of the name, but you need one of those large stone type bowls with a stone (or wood) stirrer/crusher.

Skin the papaya.  Then slice the papaya in small SMALL slices and place in stone bowl.  Then add Fish Sauce, Soy Sauce, Sea Salt, and chili pepper for taste.  Smash/mash/stir all together several minutes until completely mixed.

Place in another bowl and eat.  Tastes good and really works on your system.  Just have some water in case you get too much pepper in it.

I'm sure there are variations to this, but this was the way I was taught to make it.

As the commercial said...."Try it...You'll like it!"

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2011, 08:45:59 AM »
An averege papaya has between 18-25 net carbs depending on size  :o OUCH!
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

Cara

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2011, 09:10:41 AM »
Welcome to the forum smcconnico. If you are looking for support you have come to the right place. This forum is filled with a lot of people that care, and they have good imaginations to solve our food problems. No I am not SUGAR COATING it, they are all great. If you have any questions, they have a wealth of information.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2011, 09:21:29 AM »
 :D I learned how to make mexican food in Texas.In Florida we have a large cuban and haitian culture.The food is amazing! Our next cookbook will be a international cookbook.Recipes from around the world!(all low sugar)I am a army brat(dad in military) and my ex husband was also in the military so I traveled my whole life .So my cooking style is reflective  of all the different cultures I have experienced.I am always open to new recipes! I have a short attention span! ;D