SAME
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: January 31, 2011, 03:15:31 PM

Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 4549 times)

institches9709

• View Profile
« on: January 21, 2011, 01:51:29 PM »
Hi everyone, my  name is institches9709 and I'm new to this forum.  Found your book Doug quite by accident while spending a day in Columbus, Ohio.  With it's bright yellow and red cover, it literally "jumped" off the shelf, guess I was supposed to find out all of this good info.  Been fighting with my weight ever since I was a kid, started this program about 1 1/2 months now and have lost about 12 pounds, which I am forever grateful.  Have been on Lipitor for quite some time and decided if I can lose the weight, maybe the doctor will take me off of it. Just came back from the doctors and since I've been on this program, my total cholorestal has increased from 180 to 216, the HDL is up  from 62 to 70, but the LDL is also up from 106 to 131.  He asked what I was doing and I told him.  He said most people's #'s go down but about 1 in 10 go up instead of down and I may be the "unlucky 1". Has anyone else had this happen?  He said he wanted me to continue to lose weight and said maybe it is just my  body adjusting to the new way of eating.  I walk with friends at least 4-5 nights a week after work inside an elementary school as we are freezing here in Cincinnati, Ohio and too cold to walk outside. We walk at a good pace for an hour, which is great.  Guess I'm just bummed out today as the scale has been going down so I figured the #'s would also go down. He is giving me to Memorial Day to get those #'s down or he will increase my Lipitor. I am on the lowest amt. 10 mg a day, but really want to get off of it all together, so would rather do it naturally.  Any suggestions and thanks for being here.  Also, had a terrible time posting, it kept telling me I had to have two choices, about what, sorry I didn't understand what the two choices had to do with it :D

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 03:03:58 PM »
Welcome to our family, institches9709!  :) :) :)

We are all here to help each other reach or weight loss goals and have a healthier life.
So if you liked Doug's book, you'll love it here!
The support and friendship is phenomenal!  :)

After 12 days on the F2S program, all of my "bad" numbers came way down.
I know this is different for everyone as no two people have identical metabolisms, body chemistry, and genetic predispositions.

I too want to get off the meds the doc has me on before they destroy my liver or something else.

If your are losing weight, you're moving in the right direction.
And I certainly hope your doctor is right about your body "adjusting" to the changes.

This forum has had some technical problems the last few days that are being worked on by the web host.
I've had to save a few posts to simple text docs using Notepad, then pasting them when I could.

Keep up the good work!
I'm looking forward to hearing from you again soon!
What you do today is what matters!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 03:16:53 PM »
Welcome to our family, institches9709! I've adjusted your poll question to make more sense. Mine dropped way down :)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

institches9709

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2011, 03:23:53 PM »
Thanks, Doug,

So just keep doing what I am doing and hopefully they will start going down?  Most of the cheese, etc I buy is the low fat and I eat a hard boiled egg in the afternoon many days at work.  Guess I'll have to throw the yolk away?  I feel so much better eating this way than  before and I really don't want to give that up, just not sure about the rising LDL numbers. Thanks. 

institches9709

• View Profile
Re:cholorestal
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2011, 03:28:35 PM »
Hi mouseissue,

Thanks for the kind words.  Everyone here is so inspiring, and I've been reading the post for about a month, just not "brave" enough to sign on, but it seems like a very friendly place and I might as well just jump in with both feet  and get the rest of this weight off.  Enjoy reading everyone's posts. 

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re:cholorestal
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2011, 03:38:33 PM »
Hi mouseissue,

Thanks for the kind words.  Everyone here is so inspiring, and I've been reading the post for about a month, just not "brave" enough to sign on, but it seems like a very friendly place and I might as well just jump in with both feet  and get the rest of this weight off.  Enjoy reading everyone's posts. 

You're very welcome!  :)

joagain

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2011, 05:06:21 PM »
institches9709 welcome to your new way of eating you will not want to leave !

institches9709

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2011, 05:35:49 PM »
Hi Joagain!

I already feel better eating this way.  All of my life, I always had horrible cravings and never felt full, there was always room for more as it seemed like I was always hungry!  It took me a long time to realize I was addicted to sugar the way some people are addicted to alcohol.  I truly believe sugar is addictive for me but it is amazing how those cravings have gone away in a very short time when I work to keep sugar out of my system.  What a miracle not to be hungry all of the time and I can eat a reasonable amt of food and walk away.  More amazing is if I have a not so good day, I am ready to start right  back to eating healthy the next day and what little weight I may have gained, just seems to come right back off.  This is totally new to me and I am amazed.  It truly is a great program, so I do hope the LDL #'s start coming down as I do think I can eat this way the rest of my life.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2011, 09:28:12 AM »
Welcome instiches9709 i am umpa,dougs wife.If I can help you please ask.I have a column on the homepage called ask umpa where I can convert your favorite recipes to fat to skinny friendly. I think you will find with the weight loss your body will straighten itself out.Being on lipitor until then isn't a big deal. Just think of it as a helping hand until the weight comes off.Everyone needs a helping hand once in awhile. :)

Cara

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2011, 09:43:28 AM »
Welcome Instiches9709. You are amoungst friends and friends support each other. If you have a food craving that you need to satisfy be sure to inquire because this group is great at solving problems.

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
  • Start today, change your tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2011, 10:12:28 AM »
Welcome to the FTS family. The lifestyle will change your life if you let it, just remember to read the book and jump in with both feet.

Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Ann-Smith/e/B009G5C0SU/

Or read my weekly column "Byte of Life" at the Feminine Collective
http://femininecollective.com/byte-life-sa-smith/

darpar62

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2011, 01:46:40 PM »
Welcome institches9709 I've not been here very long myself, but am finding everyone and everything so helpful. I'm still figuring everything out but am so amazed at the help and kindness here.  I've been on several other sites but feel this is where I was meant to be.  God bless, Darla ;D

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2011, 03:26:38 PM »
Welcome institches9709 I've not been here very long myself, but am finding everyone and everything so helpful. I'm still figuring everything out but am so amazed at the help and kindness here.  I've been on several other sites but feel this is where I was meant to be.  God bless, Darla ;D

Hi Darla!  :)

You must have prayed... He heard and answered!

institches9709

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2011, 08:34:14 PM »
Hi Umpa, Cara,Sherripie, Darla and anyone else I missed.

Still trying to find my way around this board, but what a wonderful board with such caring new friends.  I feel "at home" already. Didn't realize I had any responses to my post until I looked tonight and saw all of your kind folks sending notes. Thanks so much, they are appreciated.

Thanks Umpa for the feedback about the cholorestal issue.  I purchased Doug's book about a month and a half ago and read it all at one sitting. I've gone back and reread parts, but will have to read it all again just to be sure I'm doing it right.  Like I said, the doctor was so glad I've lost weight since my last visit and I feel so much better already w/o all the carbs.  He too just thought maybe it was my body adjusting to the new type of eating and encouraged me to continue this program as he feels it will help in the long run.  I just don't like to take anymore medicine than I have to and was hoping he would say I could eventually get off the Lipitor completely!  
Umpa, I have tried some of your recipes and have liked them all, really like the caulirice and the peanut butter fudge.  Took some to work and they liked it also.  Am excited to try your bread recipes as I love to make homemade bread from scratch for friends and family and am looking for a subsitute  for the yeast bread recipes. The interesting part is my hubby doesn't need to lose weight but he has been very supportive of some of the new recipes I have made. Some he likes and some not so much but he tries all of them.  I have a good friend who is diabetic,takes four shots a days and  I've mentioned Doug's book hoping she will pull up the site and get the book as I think it would help her a lot.  I just keep mentioning the book and we'll see what happens. Thanks guys.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 08:05:41 AM by Doug Varrieur »

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2011, 08:48:53 AM »
You are very welcome :) If I can help you please ask