Recipe Exchange > General Recipe Exchange (please post your recipe in appropriate category below) Here if a category below doesn't fit

Sweet and Sour sauce recipe

(1/1)

Doug Varrieur:
Here's a great recipe for your oriental dishes

Sweet and Sour Sauce

1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup sugar free ketchup- several brands available
1/2 tsp soy sauce
1 cup water
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup Xylitol
1/2 cup DaVinci's sugar free pineapple syrup- http://www.davincigourmet.com/products/product_details/?productID=202
1/4 teaspoon Xanthum Gum to thicken
5 drops red food coloring

Bring all the ingredients except Xanthum gum and food coloring to a boil in a medium saucepan and reduce mixture 50% stirring to avoid burning Add Xanthum gum and continue to stir. If the sauce isn't thick enough within a few minutes add another 1/4 teaspoon of xanthum gum and stir. Repeat in 1/4 teaspoon increments until desired thickness is reached. A little xanthum gum goes a long way so be careful or you'll get glue!  When the sauce is done stir in food coloring if you desire a richer color.

beth823:
Sounds delish.  I have yet to buy xanthum gum or xylitol.  Can I find it in stores or do I need to order on-line?  Can you recommend a good site to order if I need to.  Thanks Doug.

Doug Varrieur:
Umpa gets the Xanthum Gum in the bakers isle at the grocery store. She orders the Xylitol in 15 pound bags from Amazon, NOW brand.

umpa:
amazon and netrition have the best deals on shipping ;) I am a amazon prime member.At netrition they have flat rate shipping

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version