Recipe Exchange > General Recipe Exchange (please post your recipe in appropriate category below) Here if a category below doesn't fit

Chocolate Chip Cookies That Aren't Grainy?

(1/2) > >>

jackibar:
Is there a chocolate chip cookie recipe that is good but doesn't have that grainy/sandy texture that it seems everything I try to bake with almond flour has?!  My husband and I are looking for a good one and this is one of our favorite desserts we miss but every one we've tried tastes ok but has something totally different from a cookie texture and the dough itself is really dry and crumbly before baking...

Doug Varrieur:
Jacki, Umpa suggests you mix up the flours. Try cutting the almond flour and adding coconut flour. Here's a recipe to try.

Ingredients

1¼ cup almond flour
    3 tablespoons coconut flour
    ½ teaspoon baking soda
    ½ teaspoon salt
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1 egg, room temperature
    ¼ cup butter, room temperature
    24 drops FAT TO SKINNY Zero Sweetener1
    ⅓ cup sugar free chocolate chips

Instructions

1- Preheat the oven to 350. Line 1 large baking sheet with parchment paper.
    2- In a bowl, sift together almond flour, coconut flour baking soda and salt.
    3- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on low-medium speed, cream butter, sweetener, egg, and vanilla until smooth.
    4- Add the flour mixture and mix until evenly mixed. Stir in chocolate chips.
    5- Drop 1-2 tablespoon size mounds of dough onto baking sheets, spacing the mounds at least 2 inches apart. Using your the palm of your hand or the bottom of a clean cup, flatten the cookies to the desired size and thickness.
    6- Bake cookies for 10 to 12 minutes, or until slightly golden around the edges. Cool the cookies on the baking sheets for 2-3 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.

Now all you need is a glass of unsweetened almond milk! Enjoy :)

jackibar:
Thanks for the tip, Doug and Umpa! What are your thoughts on using a touch of xanthum gum? I've noticed some recipes seems to use that to help with the crumbliness...

Doug Varrieur:
Take baby steps with xanthum gum, a little goes a long way  8)

jackibar:
Can you use freezer paper in place of parchment paper? Don't have parchment on hand and we were gonna finally try this! We do have wax paper, too...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version