Author Topic: Tortilla Carb Count Question  (Read 3060 times)

gpod97

• View Profile
Tortilla Carb Count Question
« on: June 26, 2011, 10:52:59 AM »
Hi Everyone,

My husband and I have been eating lunch on Saturday in our town of Gainesville for about a year now because they have $1 tacos. They aren't skimpy on their ingredients either. It has been a really good and "cheap" meal for us. They offer both crunchy shell or the 6" soft shells. We have always got the soft shells. The filling is pretty basic with grilled chicken, lettuce, cheese, and about 2 tablespoons of black beans. They have about five or six different salsas at their salsa bar to choose from. I have always got the green tomatoe one. Of course it comes with a basket of deep fried nacho chips that are THE best! Does anyone know the carb count of their little 6 inch soft shell tortiallas? Their website lists nutritional information for their complete burritos but it isn't broken down by ingredients. Anyway, yesterday as always we went there. We brought our own tortillas with us this time which are actually the Josephs brand pita bread with only 4 net carbs. Hubby ate a couple and I ate one. They were nice enough to put "our" bread on their steamer and fill em up for us. Oh, and we drink water but sometimes carry the little packets of crystal light to put in the water. How bad can this be??? We have just started this way of eating and I want to do the "right" thing. Any comments or suggestions will be appreciated!

shawn116

Re: Tortilla Carb Count Question
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2011, 11:43:16 AM »
That is awesome that they would steam your pitas for you!!  I would skip the beans and the chips, and watch how much you use the salsa  though... sorry  :'(    I know at first it was hard for me to sit while everyone else enjoyed the chips and salsa but then I realized that I really didn't miss them.  I would always just mindlessly eat them while waiting for my meal anyway.  Most times being to full for the meal...LOL   If I get hungry for chips I make them myself with the pitas  ;)   

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2011, 12:25:23 PM »
Bring your own tortillas and you are fine.Stay away from the beans and rice though ;)

joagain

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2011, 12:47:51 PM »
Ditto   ;)

Amber

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2011, 01:31:54 PM »
I take my own La Tortilla (heat them before you go, roll them in foil) they are great dipped in the salsa or a little bit of cheese dip (watch the dip could have milk!)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2011, 01:54:00 PM »
Ditto, ditto! ;)
What you do today is what matters!

gpod97

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2011, 06:41:15 PM »
Thank you all for the tips! Much appreciated! :)