Author Topic: Want your opinions!!!  (Read 2579 times)

eliruthy

• View Profile
Want your opinions!!!
« on: July 25, 2011, 09:37:49 AM »
Ok, so I've lost TWO of the FOUR pounds I gained on the Chicago trip and here's my question.  I know what the book says about exercise being the gas peddle, but, for all of you that have LOST more quickly etc, do you find that exercise IS your gas peddle???  Or do you find you lose more weight skipping the treadmill etc???  I want to exercise, but if it's slowing me down b/c my body is like too hungry or something (i'm not personally hungry) I will skip it...  I GOTS TO LOSE ABOUT 10 MORE POUNDS before the wedding! AHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Want your opinions!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 08:34:09 AM »
Exercise is great for your mood and to make you feel tight.It will accelerate your weight loss but is NOT necessary to lose weight.
The problem is people go to the gym and then are starving and go home and eat everything in the fridge!(the answer here is to have a protein shake to fill you up until you can make a nice meal)
That 200 calories you burned walking on the treadmill for 20 minutes is right back in your belly.However the cardio is good for your body,mood, and will make you feel tight.I love to exercise ,it relaxes me but Doug hates it.His idea of exercise is chopping wood.
I say if nothing else just get up and move everyday.One of my favorite workouts is to put on my headphones and crank up the ipod and dance around my house while I am cleaning.Just move! :)

Rena

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 09:30:42 AM »
I agree with what Umpa said mostly, however, I find that my appetite decreases after I exercise. That can be a big help. Lately, I've been putting my exercising off until after dinner and then I feel sluggish, not to mention hungrier beforehand. But if I exercise sometime after lunch and before dinner, it helps a lot.

There's no doubt in my mind that it's better to get into a habit of exercising regularly, simply for the sake of your heart and lungs. The toning is nice, too. I've lost a lot of weight without exercising (63 pounds) and this time around I've done it with exercising. I'm in WAY better shape now than I was that other time. On average, I feel better and have a lot more energy. The time I lost weight before, I lost it with herbal supplements and got most of my energy from them. If I had to pick one -- I'd go with exercising.

I wouldn't worry too much about those last two pounds, eliruthy. They'll come off. If you track your food well, you'll be more aware if any extra carbs are sneaking in on you. Just stick with it and good luck.

eliruthy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 09:48:22 PM »
I think I'll just do gentle exercise and weights.  I'm getting really frustrated with my cheating and my cheating results.  Still 1 pound away from getting back to pre-trip weight.  Losing weight SUCKS, gaining is soooooo much easier lol. :-\