Author Topic: carbs in sweet and low  (Read 10374 times)

SKINNY

• View Profile
carbs in sweet and low
« on: August 21, 2011, 05:01:29 PM »
i use way too much of this. just dawned on me, how i sabotage myself.anyone know the  how many carbs are in a packet of sweet  and low, i can not see the label at this time.thanks

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Re: carbs in sweet and low
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 08:55:32 AM »
Here's the lowdown on Sweet and Low, it has zero carbs.....BUT;

Sweet'N Low is a zero calorie, granulated sugar substitute that is ten times sweeter than sugar. It actually has 4 calories per packet; but according to the Food and Drug Administration's labeling regulations, if a product has less than five calories, then calorie content may be labeled as zero. Sweet'N Low's ingredients are as follows: Nutritive Dextrose, 3.6% Calcium Saccharin (36mg per packet), Cream of Tartar, and Calcium Silicate (an anti-caking agent). There has been some controversy over the use of saccharin in this product, because saccharin was believed to cause cancer. Since 1977 all saccharin sweetened foods and beverages were forced by Congress to have warning labels. The warning level for Sweet'N Low reads, "Use of this product may be hazardous to your health. This product contains saccharin which has been determined to cause cancer in laboratory animals." On December 21, 2000, Congress passed new legislation that removes this label based on recommendations from the 9th Report on Carcinogens prepared by the National Toxicology Program in May 2000.
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

SKINNY

• View Profile
Re: carbs in sweet and low
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 09:48:19 PM »
I DO SPREAD THE WORD TO EVERY I KNOW,IT IS AN EASY SALE.LOVE YA  ALL.