Author Topic: NEW AND NERVOUS  (Read 11382 times)

Barb sugarfree!

• View Profile
NEW AND NERVOUS
« on: January 28, 2012, 09:57:17 PM »
I read the book today and I know I am a sugar addict.  Nervous about cutting it out.  I need to lose about 50 pounds.  I am ready to give it all I got!  Where can I find the weight loss tracker?

shawn116

Re: NEW AND NERVOUS
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 10:21:31 PM »
Hi Barb!  Welcome to the FTS family  :)  You know being a sugar addict is pretty much what brought all of us here in the first place..... so you surely are not alone  ;)  I am one of the worlds worst sugar/sweets addict hence the name I gave myself....LOL   It's ok to be nervous but you are among friends here.    No worries we are right there with you.  One of the best parts of the FTS lifestyle it that there is a replacement for all of your favorite foods.  So you aren't cutting it out so to speak, you are just replacing it.  If you aren't doing without there is no need to fall back on the unhealthy favorites of the past.

Here is the link where Doug explains about the tickers   http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=46.msg84#msg84 

Again welcome and please don't be a stranger we love to talk around here...  :D

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 10:35:12 PM »
Barb I know you're new and Nervous....don't worry your new family has a good hold on you. Trust in our love and support for your new FTS future.  Welcome to the family!  8)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

Barb sugarfree!

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 10:52:02 PM »
Thanks for the welcome!  I tried Doug's 1 minute chocolate cake today.  Will take some getting use to, but I need to get off sugar I have been trying for several months, but not luck.  Hope this works!

shawn116

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2012, 11:06:41 PM »
Barb there are many variations of that one minute muffin on the forum.  You might just have to tweak it a bit to your liking.  Some folks like one flour/meal over the other.  If there is anyway any of us can help just say the word.   As soon as you completely detox from the sugar you shouldn't have those cravings any more.  You say you have been trying for months, have you been following FTS that long? 

Barb sugarfree!

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2012, 11:18:55 PM »
no this is my first day with FTS, previously I was trying on my own - not so successful  :(

shawn116

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2012, 11:26:47 PM »
You have come to the right place!  I'm glad you are here.   We are here to help and support eachother, so hang in there and get through that detox....you will feel great! 

joagain

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2012, 05:11:11 AM »
Welcome Barb !!! Like toosweet said we are all here for the same reason carb addicts !!!  In 2 weeks you will feel like a new person . I would suggest at first just to eat like dougs said meats & greens until you get all that SUGA out of your system then start trying all the recipes !!!!!!
It seems hard nor but it will be second nature this time next month !!!

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2012, 08:47:36 AM »
Welcome to the FTS forum family.  Good luck with your journey!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2012, 08:54:10 AM »
Good morning Barb. Today I want you to clean out your pantry and cabinets. Get rid of everything not acceptable to FTS. Take all the temptations away to the food bank or the trash. Return what you can to the store.....NEVER LOOK BACK!  ;)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2012, 09:10:47 AM »
HiYa Barb! I am umpa,dougs wife. :) I have a column on the home page called ask umpa where I can convert your favorite foods to fat to skinny friendly. If I can help you please ask.You are gonna do great and we are gonna help you.In two weeks your energy will go through the roof and you will feel amazing,I promise :)

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2012, 10:53:13 AM »
Hi Barb and welcome to the forum!  Don't be scared!!  We are all here and in this together!  I started out just  like you being VERY addicted to sugar.  I do remember my first few days.  It's funny to me now, but at first I thought I would be sad thinking about what all I would be "missing".  I had NO idea of all the GREAT things I would be adding!  I LOVE the fts recipes.  Once you try a few of them, I promise you will be ALL IN!  (I highly recommend the cheesecakes! ha ha)   I feel the best I have in years!  I plan to eat this way the rest of my life!  ;D    Again, welcome to the family!!  ;D

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2012, 02:22:02 PM »
Welcome to the family, Barb!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

We are sugar addicts!!!... That's why we're here, Barb.

When I started FTS, I remember feeling confident that FTS would help me. But nervous that I might not be able to completely change over to the new lifestyle.

Well let me tell ya... It's a lot easier that I thought it ever would be.
In fact, as time has gone by, it's gotten easier and easier. It's been second nature to me for quite some time.
The toughest part is getting started by "shifting gears" away from very old habits and false ideas about what makes us FAT.

Also, when we first start, our bodies experience "sugar detox".
Some folks have no symptoms, while others do.
During that time, cravings for carbs, headaches, digestive distress, touchy nerves, etc. can happen.
But when it passes, you'll feel better than you have in a very long time... Energized and healthy! ;D

We are all here to help you make the transition into the skinny you.
You just need to stay committed to FTS to make that a reality.

Please participate frequently in our discussions here.
It will help you stay on track and feel the success!

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

Barb sugarfree!

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2012, 09:52:20 PM »
3rd day without sugrar!  Really hanging in there.  But still find it hard to resist the sugar I am use to. :-[

shawn116

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2012, 12:47:27 AM »
You are doing great!!!  If you stick to the FTS rules you will detox in no time.  That's when your cravings will go.   Keep your FTS approved snacks handy just in case....  ;)