Author Topic: Just began my first week  (Read 5301 times)

mrsahr

• View Profile
    • Email
Just began my first week
« on: April 03, 2012, 03:32:36 PM »
Hi All,

I just began my first day of FTS yesterday.  I guess I am in the middle of my sugar detox as that energy kick has not yet come and I am just trying to figure it all out.  I have been overweight my whole life and I have been on all kinds of crazy diets, but now with the baby weight from two kids that I have lost and gained back three times, I am done with it.  I am ready to make a change and to start with a program to work forever.  I am so tired of always being the fat girl.

I know that I have about 130 pounds to lose to not be considered obese any more.  It is so overwhelming in numbers, but so many of you have lost that amount.  Any support you can give would be so greatly appreciated.

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Just began my first week
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 04:44:54 PM »
Welcome aboard, mrsahr.  Congratulations on taking the first step and this forum is a great way to learn the ins and out of your new lifestyle.  Be patient with yourself as you learn how to make the right food choice.  Ask questions, vent and share your successes.  We love to hear it.

shawn116

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 04:46:41 PM »
Welcome to the FTS family Mrsahr!!  You know...... your story is no stranger around here....stick with us and you will see the new you in no time   ;)  This is a great forum with lots of support so come in often....it's a big part of success plus we love to chat  ;D  Hang in there through detox and remember to drink lots of water...it will help flush your body faster.  Again welcome!!!

SarahC

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2012, 07:08:40 PM »
It takes a little patience, mrsahr. Welcome to the FTS family! This is the best eating plan around!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2012, 07:49:40 PM »
Welcome to the family, mrsahr!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

We know all too well how you feel!
And if you commit yourself to no longer being the "fat girl", we will help you make it happen!

One of our members (SherriPie), has lost 230 pounds!
Read her story here: http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=3000.0

There are other real life transformation stories in the "Click Here To Share Your Success Story" area on this forum's home page.
So please don't be overwhelmed! Your goal is doable!!! :) :) :)

I'm looking forward to hearing about your FTS journey!

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2012, 08:07:28 AM »
Welcome to the party Mrsahr, be strong and stick with the program...remember your reason for starting FTS "I am ready to make a change and to start with a program to work forever.  I am so tired of always being the fat girl."

I know it may seem like a monumental task to lose over 100 pounds but I can assure you it will come off. Don't be in a hurry, don't be a slave to your scale. Instead simply follow the rules, enjoy your food and spend lots of time with us. Our members are so cool, everyone is here to help and support you.

FAT TO SKINNY is not a diet, it's a lifestyle change and that my dear is why it will work forever  ;)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2012, 08:13:14 AM »
Hello and welcome to our FTS family!!  You are going to LOVE it here!  Just having all these folks to chat with, and knowing they are all doing the same thing....helps SO much!   Just set your mind to stick with it at least 2 weeks faithfully, and you will be on your way!  Once those cravings for sugar are gone, it all gets easier!  Be sure to check out the recipe section!  You will be amazed!   ;D

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2012, 08:22:39 AM »
Welcome mrsahr! I am Umpa,Dougs wife. You have found the right place ;) If I can help you please ask.I have a column on the homepage called ask umpa where I can convert your favorite foods to fat to skinny friendly.The reason fat to skinny works is replacements.We don't remove foods we replace them that way there are no foods to add back in after you lose the weight.Lifestyle change ,cycle broken.In two weeks you are gonna feel like a new woman! Take your measurements ;)

Shercat051703

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2012, 09:20:24 AM »
hi! Welcome. hang in there it gets easier after the first two weeks.  I  started in January and I am twenty pounds  lighter! I enjoy my food now more than I did before, knowing that it is good for me too!!!! I love the FTS lifestyle!  you hang in there it will happen for you before you know it you will be dropping  the weight like you  do sweat!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2012, 10:25:19 AM »
Shercat 20 pounds !That is great!! Hot chick dance!! ;D

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2012, 10:48:29 AM »
Yeah for Shercat.  What a great accomplishment!

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2012, 12:46:12 PM »
Way to GO Shercat!!  Wow!! :o

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2012, 05:03:14 PM »
HOORAY Shercat!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Next time you're at the grocery, pick up a 20 pound bag of potatoes or onions.
You'll get a real appreciation for what you've accomplished so far! 8)
What you do today is what matters!