Author Topic: Headache from Heck  (Read 4777 times)

B_mom19

• View Profile
    • Email
Headache from Heck
« on: October 15, 2012, 07:00:49 PM »
So today is day 2 of my diet. I have a massive headache. Anyone else had this? I think its from not drinking softdrinks and my body is going crazy for sugar. I just normally dont have headaches and for me to have one is kinda wierd. Just want to see if anyone else had this. If so, then its a good sign that my body has recognized a "change"! :o

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Headache from Heck
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2012, 08:21:04 PM »
I do remember having a headache during detox....as a matter of fact, I felt like I was coming down with the flu!!  ...not kidding.  Hang in there, and I sure hope you feel better soon.

What is crazy, is that now days if I ever eat something with sugar or accidently get handed a sweet tea by mistake at the drive thru....I get a headache right between my eyes now FROM the sugar!    Hopefully you enjoy diet drinks.  I really love diet pepsi and diet Dr. pepper.   Keep trying new things until you find the things you enjoy.

B_mom19

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2012, 08:30:16 PM »
Thanks! I do kinda feel icky :-\ but I normally had at least 2 sodas and sweet tea by now. Not to mention terriblly high carbs.

BettyBatter

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2012, 09:01:13 PM »
Hello and welcome :)

I'm new here, too... day four. Day two was rough, major headache and I just felt *weird*... kinda woozy and nauseous. I attributed it to cutting out sugar and getting used to artificial sweeteners (not something I usually used). I feel better today.... still craving carby stuff in the afternoons, but better. Hang in there! It does get better. ;)

Joagain

• You can have excuses or results you cant have both
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2012, 04:53:44 AM »
Yes I did too it is from the sugar but it old also be from no caffeine . Try some diet coke and some advil and see if it makes it better you are gonna feel bad for a few days . I remember I felt great on the 3 rd day then the next  few days after that we're awful . Then it was awful ,just eat the FTS foods to get you through the withdrawls .

You can have excuses or results you cant have both !

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2012, 11:18:30 AM »
I agree with Jo that combining caffeine withdrawl with carb withdrawl is a double-whammy.  If you want to get off caffeine, too, I'd wait on that and deal with it separately.  Diet Coke to the rescue!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2012, 12:11:53 PM »
Andrea is sooooo right, B_mom19! :) :) :)
Take on quitting caffeine sometime after you've detoxed.

When I was getting ready to start FTS, I was a 2 pack a day smoker.
I knew I had to quit smoking. Otherwise, how could I hope to get, and stay, healthy?

So I quit smoking.
And then took on another lifestyle change, FTS.

Doing this, I lost weight AND haven't smoked since I quit a bit over 29 months ago!

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2012, 01:46:24 PM »
Good for you Tony! ;D
Sugar withdrawals are no different than quitting smoking, alcohol or drugs.You have to detox all that sugar from your body and when you do you will know because your energy level will go through the roof!  ;)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2012, 01:53:18 PM »
Definite detox symptom, good advice above :) Hang in there Mom19, it'll be over soon  ;)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

moose61

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2012, 08:47:16 PM »
If you drink full sodium broth that will go away. Like beef bouillon cubes in a cup of hot water. When you aren't eating processed foods, you don't get enough sodium and it gives you those flu symptoms. You'll feel better in minutes.

shawn116

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2012, 09:08:34 PM »
That is good to know Moose...thanks for sharing  ;D