Author Topic: Newbie with a question  (Read 6680 times)

jay12

• Shalom to you!
    • View Profile
    • Israeli stiuation-a very desperate one!
    • Email
Re: Re: Newbie with a question
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2013, 02:00:04 AM »
Welcome and as everyone has said, in this lifestyle there is no need to cheat all.  I bought low carb ice cream at walmart the bonny rabbit type and jello and whipp cream as prescribed by Doug and umpa for once a week treats and they are waiting on the freezer for this Friday for me to eat it lol. Also when you detox the regular sugar will bother you when you consume it. Example,  today my wife made me an omelet with cheese and beef pattie and tea, she suggested to put stevia on my tea as a sweetner and I usually love my tea without any sweetner so I dropped a packet of stevia and until now my stomach is a mess and bothering me when I never experienced that before. 
So my point is that stevia having no carbs or calories in it and it's not supposed to raised your insulin does something like this imagine regular sugar after you have detoxified your body from it. My error is not that the stevia is bad for me but the amount I put on my tea I believe. One packet of stevia can sweetnened many things and I used one pack for a cup of tea! Too much sweetness and my system did not like it at all.  :)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Newbie with a question
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2013, 09:07:57 AM »
Zero will not hurt your tummy jay no sugar alcohols. I even cook and bake with it ;) I love iced sweet tea.

o0OSusieO0o

Re: Newbie with a question
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2013, 06:27:26 PM »
So glad questions are asked.... learning so much!