Author Topic: Back to Basics  (Read 8746 times)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Back to Basics
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2013, 09:53:37 AM »
 :D :D :D Like the Barrier Reef or carrier but varrieur
I too grew up in the church.My grandmother played piano(also played piano for Hank William in the honky tonks).I grew up singing on stage with grandmother.My favorite part was after church when the food came out !!Tables and tables of cakes,pies,cookies, and cobblers!! I was in chunky butt heaven!!  ;)
you could trade that thousand island dressing for a bowl of ice cream at 4 grams ;) My concern is you are not getting enough food.TooSweet recipe is awesome.Add more protein if you are hungry.
The greatest thing about women losing weight  is they get their swagger back.They get confidence and take their power back.That gives them control not just of their health but their lives. You write as much as you like,I always enjoy reading your posts ;D

Elizabeth779

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2013, 04:59:57 PM »
oHHHHHHHHHHHH barrier or carrier!!!!  (hand slap to forehead -- that is so much easier)  I was saying that way but trying to put an U in there somewhere!!   ahahahahaha..

Wow your grandmother played for Hank....wow....that must have been fun AND hard work.  And you're right, women do get their swagger back....Mine is 1/6th of the way back!! 

Well, I promised you and Doug in my meal plan post I was on way to gym, and I am now going....I'm in the mood for a hard workout....then grocery store, then going to try out your brownie recipe.  I bought some Marzetti Dressings last night that were regular dressing but carb count was pretty low -- will report back on them later.....

Oh, and I don't have to worry about making my own seafood cocktail sauce anymore....was itchy about 24 hours after eating the shrimp, so I'm done with shrimp FORever....it's just not worth the itchies....and only a couple times has it been a systemic reaction (long long ago), but I'm deciding I'm not taking chances with it anymore....with a shellfish allergy (even slight one at times) you never know when it's going to go full blown.... :o

Later friends

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2013, 08:17:39 AM »
You are doing great Elizabeth ;)

Kim P

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2013, 07:50:54 PM »
 :D :D :D :D :D  CHUNKY BUTT HEAVEN  :D :D :D :D :D

Elizabeth779

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2013, 05:41:26 AM »
Doug, somehow I missed your post earlier about the high "COST" of condiments.  You're right....it's that danged old CARB CREEP!!!

Well, I only slept 2 hours last night and was up at 6 and then busy all day and worked till 2:00 a.m.....time to sleep....later.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2013, 09:11:26 AM »
Condiments and sauces at restaurants are loaded with carbs.Have them put on the side or order without. ;)

jay12

• Shalom to you!
    • View Profile
    • Israeli stiuation-a very desperate one!
    • Email
Re: Re: Back to Basics
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2013, 10:45:26 AM »
Liz,  you really have a dedicated community here as you can see. We're cheering for you and keep it simple. I also listen to low/paleo podcasts alot but Doug's way is the foundation to all I know and I love it. He presents the fts lifestyle as very easy and practical so don't make it difficult for yourself ok? :D

Elizabeth779

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2013, 01:06:36 AM »
Hi Jay -- nice to meatcha....(extending hand for handshake)....you are so right, and I did just that about putting aside all the other plans....in fact tonight I'm cleaning out some stuff in my bedroom and finding the paleo books and downloaded stuff, etc., and just put the books and stuff from any other plan into a box and out to the garage.....while they are fun to listen to and inspiring about the low carb lifestyle in general, I'm not really paying that much attention to their detals, and just concentrating on FTS WOE. 

In fact, I had heard enough of them i had started listening to theology stuff instead  ::) ::)   for now I find that more interesting....or music. 

Also, I'm not really using condiments like I was before...condiments are just a "high carb mine field!!" 

Well, off the computer and back to cleaning this room.....I'm finding stuff in here that I'm cleaning out (found some candy and candy wrappers from a while back in my night stand drawer etc.)  and I find that FTS is a comparison of cleaning this room in that FTS is helping me clean out old bad habits. 

Anyway, back to my chores.....hoping you are all well and blessed....

jay12

• Shalom to you!
    • View Profile
    • Israeli stiuation-a very desperate one!
    • Email
Re: Re: Back to Basics
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2013, 02:05:35 AM »
I am glad that you feel and understand my point and yes,  it's my pleasure to meet you (hug if allowed by you) and yes your cleaning seems to represent you cleaning your life of anything that is not according to fts so congratulations to you for your dedication and decision.  ;)

o0OSusieO0o

« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2013, 06:42:43 PM »
LOL...just like me cleaning all that stuff out! I'm new and so glad to see people like you on here!