Author Topic: Atkins & I Ate 2 Cupcakes  (Read 4642 times)

jellybutter

• View Profile
    • Email
Atkins & I Ate 2 Cupcakes
« on: April 29, 2013, 07:36:21 PM »
I bought the FTS book several months ago.  I loaned it to a friend who has not returned it.  (She said she can't find it).  At that time, I wasn't in the right frame of mind to stick to any diet.

Now I am ready. With no book.

So, when I saw the Atkins ad that was giving away their Atkins Bars, and the free book to get you started, I ordered it because it was free. It came with a set of pre-planned menus which included the Atkins bars and Atkins Frozen Dinner everyday.  So, I started it 3 weeks ago.  I lost 5 pounds.  Then I gained 2.  Now I'm losing ZERO.  So today I ate 2 cupcakes because i was sad.  Now I feel bad.  I have decided that the Atkins diet is all about bars, shakes and frozen dinners so as of right now I'm done with Atkins!  Those bars and shakes have stuff in them that makes you eat cupcakes!!

So the problem is:  I don't have the FTS book and I can't remember what I'm supposed to eat.  I have to wait until next payday to buy another book.  Can someone get me started as to what to eat for 2 weeks til next payday?

I need to lose 50 pounds.  I am ready mentally (the 2 cupcakes didn't make me want to quit, thankfully)

Thank you in advance for any help!!

shawn116

Re: Atkins & I Ate 2 Cupcakes
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 08:56:17 PM »
Hi jellybutter  Welcome to the forum  :)

Don't worry we are here to help  ;)  You are right about Atkins.  I've known a few people that have lost doing the Atkins diet but unfortunately the company itself seems to be more interested in selling products.  However I do like to visit their web site for recipe ideas.  The biggest difference between Atkins and FTS is that we like to use real food and we find replacements for all of the higher carb favorites.  Nothing to add back in so it's a lifestyle change that will last.  

To get you started just keep your total net carbs at 20 for the day (that is total carbs - any fiber grams - any sugar alcohol = net carbs)

Keep it simple to start off...just eat lean proteins and non starchy vegetables, eggs, nuts and cheeses.  Keep them as low in carbs as you can.  Be sure to measure and weigh yourself to start off and keep a log of everything you take in.  It will help you to stay on track.  Best of all come in the forum often.....we love to chat  ;)    Do be sure to check out the forum...there is loads of info, recipes and menu examples to find.  In the meantime until you get your book back....ask away, we are here to help each other  There is no such thing as a silly question.    ;D
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 08:58:17 PM by TooSweet »

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 12:19:36 PM »
Welcome to the FTS family, jellybutter!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

Toosweet gave you great advice!
This is a lifestyle and NOT a diet.
So it's a matter of adopting it rather than depriving yourself of things you enjoy.

Since you're new to FTS, knowing how to count your carbs is important.
Here are a few carb count sites that are useful  for carb count look ups;

http://ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/search/list
http://www.calorieking.com/foods/
http://www.fatsecret.com/calories-nutrition/

Also remember that portion control is also very important.
As well as drinking lots of plain water and getting ample sleep.
All these things will help you maximize you progress! 8)

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2013, 09:58:57 AM »
Welcome jellybutter! I am Umpa,Dougs wife.If I can help you please ask ;) The red button above is for the homepage.There are tons of recipes there.You can lose that 50 pounds with no problem.With 50 posts you can get free books. ;) It takes 2 weeks to detox .Then your energy level will go through the roof.Stay away from the atkins products .The sugar alcohols are bad for your tummy and can stall weight loss.

jay12

• Shalom to you!
    • View Profile
    • Israeli stiuation-a very desperate one!
    • Email
Re: Re: Atkins & I Ate 2 Cupcakes
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2013, 11:06:18 PM »
Hello jellybutter and welcome to our family. You don't have to despair because we're here to help you do well. I know how it feels when you loan something and can't get it back :'(

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2013, 09:17:22 AM »
Hi Jellybutter, personally I'm ashamed of the people at Atkins  :-[ When Dr Atkins was alive he really cared about his paitents and his direction...now it's all about money. The Atkins company, Nutrisystems, Southbeach, Weight Watchers and all the other companies selling pre-packaged foods are NOT in the weight loss business...they are in the FOOD business.

Keep it simple and fresh....

Proteins and Greens will make you lean....Sugar and Carbs will make you large!

Your friend lost your book...your friend should buy you another...that's what a real friend would do  8)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)