Author Topic: What is Swerve?  (Read 3899 times)

frosty

• View Profile
What is Swerve?
« on: July 22, 2013, 11:31:35 AM »
Can anyone tell me more about this sweetener.

shawn116

Re: What is Swerve?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 12:40:07 PM »
I've been playing with it quite a bit lately.  I was interested in it because I have seen posts about it making butter cream frosting and being able to caramelize when grilling.   So far I like it alot for baking and such.  I still mostly use the FTS zero for most of my sweetener but like what the Swerve has to offer.  It's a combination of erythritol and oligosaccharides.  You can read about it here:  http://www.swervesweetener.com/what-is-swerve/

frosty

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 10:46:37 PM »
What does it taste like, does it have an after taste?  Have you used both granular and confectioners? 

TooSweet

Re: Re: What is Swerve?
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 12:14:48 AM »
To me it doesn't have an after taste but a friend of mine thought it did.  I really like how it bakes up and yes I have used both.  My butter cream frosting was a flop though. Haha I'm still working on it.  Its a little pricey unless you order it from their web site and catch it on sale. You can order a sample from them I think. You might want to order that first to see if you like the taste. :)  I'm anxious to grill with it in a BBQ sauce to see how well it does 8)

frosty

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2013, 08:53:04 AM »
Thanks for the info.

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2013, 09:38:35 AM »
From Web MD;

FRUCTO-OLIGOSACCHARIDES Side Effects & Safety

Fructo-oligosaccharides seem to be safe when taken in less than 30 grams per day. They can cause intestinal gas (flatulence), intestinal noises, bloating, stomach cramps, and diarrhea. These effects are usually mild if the dose is less than 10 grams per day.

A teaspoon of Swerve contains 5 grams but I don't know what percentage there mix is between erythritol and oligosaccharides. If you start to use this product and experience stomach issues you'll know you're using to much.
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)