Author Topic: took my sugar  (Read 2790 times)

KFAITH

• View Profile
took my sugar
« on: August 31, 2011, 04:53:58 PM »
I have to share this. I am not diabetic,yet,  but my husband is, and I often tests my blood to see how I am doing, been pretty borderline and at times it has been high as 150plus but than the next morning I would take it when I got up it would be near 100plus.  This afternoon, after 10 days on fts program, my sugar reading was 86, I have not seen and 86  reading in 10 years, so wow what a blessing! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
With God all things are possible
Rosie

suzlyn454

• View Profile
Re: took my sugar
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 05:41:24 PM »
Kfaith, there are a lot of folks here that are diabetic and have been taken off their meds by eating the FTS life style.  I am second "mom" to TooSweet and she has been on FTS since April.  She is off her insulin and and blood pressure meds.  FTS rocks.  Once a few folks have read your post they'll chime in and tell you their success stories.  It's wonderful..like you, I am not YET.  Now I feel certain that my next DR appt will be a lot better!

Congratulations on your sugar #'s and weight loss so far!

Suz
Look out Hawaii, I'm on my way!!

KFAITH

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 06:51:48 PM »
Thanks Suz! I know so many people that have diabetis between church and my husband's family, I cannot wait to tell them all about the Fat To Skinny  way.
My hubby, age 60, had to have open heart surgery and 3 by pass last year, his heart doctor said it was his uncontroled sugar that had damaged his arteries so badly, he took his sugar when he got in this evening and it was 85, we were amazed, as what I eat he eats haha so he too is eating this way.
Rosie

joagain

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 07:35:56 PM »
Hey kfaith I am not diabetic either but I noticed that my sugar went down after being on FTS ! I have checked about once a week ,since my son was diagnosed with Type1 Diabetes 5 years allmost 6 years ago.

He is going to be 16 and eats FTS about 75% of the time and he unfortunally will never be off insulin all together but he has cut the insulin he uses per meal in half .

So even Type 1 's benifit from FTS !!!!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 07:41:03 PM »
Hi KFAITH!

Here's what happened the last time I saw my doctor in March;
http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=2199.msg19816#msg19816

And the rest of the numbers;
http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=2199.msg19984#msg19984

FTS is an awesome blessing to any diabetic! :) :) :)
What you do today is what matters!

KFAITH

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2011, 09:03:38 PM »
wow Mouseissue, the numbers speak for themselves ...yeah for you! ;D
Yep a friend called me to turn Dr. Oz on today, he had a low carb man on there and Dr. Oz was saying it was not a good diet to be on, but I said  I refuse to believe it and I WILL NOT BE DISCOURAGED NOW, as I am doing so well on this new FTS plan.
Rosie

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2011, 09:16:28 PM »
I have a friend who is a diabetic type I.  She told me that her doctor suggested she eat no more than 45 carbs...PER MEAL!!!   I was shocked, but she was even MORE shocked when I told her I only eat 20 for the whole day.   My physician is very happy with my progress on FTS.   I wish more doctors knew about it and would share it with their patients.  I have been seriously considering asking my doctor if I can bring an FTS book to put in his waiting room.... ::)   

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2011, 08:26:15 AM »
A Type 2 Diabetic can be cured with FTS. FACT ;)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2011, 08:27:48 AM »
Kfaith, DR OZ is an idiot, his "job" is to constantly create new show ideas, controversial subjects and entertain...imagine how boring his show would be if he stayed on one subject all the time. We don't deviate or experiment...the science of FTS is sound and requires no change.

SUGAR is the culprit for many arterial blockages which cause heart problems more so than animal product cholesterol. Excess glucose in your blood stream creates high triglycerides (blood fat) which in turn creates the type of plaque associated with hardening of the arteries. The plaque builds and hardens inside the walls. Eventually the plaque softens and blows up like a sponge closing off the blood flow....why do I know this? Click this link and download the article- http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=468.0
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

KFAITH

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2011, 09:20:25 AM »
Wow Doug, I just read your  testimonial and cried all the way through it, thank you so much for sharing that, as my husband had a heart attack and had to have stents put in 3 arteries on his 58th birthday, his widow maker was plugged 98% too and than one year latter he had another heart attack, this time when they went in the doctor said his stents had done plugged up, so there was no choice but to have open heart, and he had 3 by passes. God brought him through it all and he is doing well now, it has been 15 months since that was done. He is the lucky one though. His mom, and 2 of his younger brothers just fell off their chairs and were instantly dead, without warning. Two more brothers and his dad also had heart attacks and died. Almost everyone in his family has diabetis.  Untreated Diabetis the doctor said was what had pitted and damaged my husbands arteries so badly the doctor told us and genetics are against him.
Anyway, thank God for speaking to you and thank God I have found this FTS lifestyle, I feel I have found the answer to my prayers.
Rosie

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2011, 08:51:44 AM »
Untreated diabeties is a scary thing. Heart disease runs in my family but with the women not men.I am vigilant about heart health :)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2011, 09:00:27 AM »
Wow...what a story  :'(  I get sooo angry when doctors use the word genetic when discussing type 2 diabetes with a patient. We eat ourselves into this problem and we can eat our way out of it...I and many readers here on the forum can attest to that.

Here's what's genetic about type 2

1- Grandmas stuffing
2- Mom's special chocolate cake
3- Aunt Jane's corn bread
4- Great Grandmas biscuits
5- Rice Krispy Treats and cool aid
6- Fluffanutter sandwiches  ect...etc...etc...  >:( >:( >:(

My goal is to change the "pass down" recipes and help save the next generation from going through what we have gone through  ::)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)